dance partners

Warnings: none :)

Request from: humblecevans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wonderful job! You’re all going to be amazing tomorrow. You can go home and get some rest.” 

Everyone started grabbing their bags and water bottles, and exited the stage.

Your rehearsals had just finished and all you wanted to do was go home and eat chips. 

“Hey, Y/n.” Chris jogged over to where you stood.

Both of you were working together on a play and tomorrow was going to be the opening night. Chris played the male lead who was in love with your character, the female lead. You played the role of the Mayor. Your character was rich and was considered the most important in town. Eventually, your character fell in love with the servant, played by Chris, and they fought for their love, despite everyone’s judgement.

There were a few scenes in the play in which you danced together. You couldn’t deny that during every dance rehearsal, you fed the crush you had. Yes, you were crushing on Chris. But how couldn’t you? He was the nicest, most gentleman like person you’ve ever met. Not to mention he looks like Prince Eric himself.

“Oh, hey!” You answered.

“Are you nervous for tomorrow?” He asked as he walked alongside with you, towards the parking lot.

“Honestly, yeah,” You chuckled, “I just want people to enjoy it.”

“Yeah, me too.” You turned to face him and you smiled at each other.

“See you tomorrow!” He hugged you.

Pulling back from his embrace, you said, “See ya!”

There was no doubt you weren’t going to sleep later. The nerves of opening night and the fact that you kept swallowing your feelings for Chris, was going to haunt you all night long.

~~~ 

Chris held your hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. 

“The final scene!” He grinned.

You smiled at him and walked hand in hand to your positions. Slowly, the curtain rose and the scene began.

“We made it!” You exclaimed, completely in character.

“We did. And I will never let anyone ruin our relationship.” Chris wrapped his arms around your waist and held you close. 

“I love you, Alice.” 

Even though you were both in character, acting as someone else, you felt lost for a second. You looked up at him and gazed into his eyes. All you wanted was to hear him say those same exact words but with your real name, not your character’s. You wanted him to hold you just like he was holding you now. An embrace meant to be for you. Y/n. Not your character, Alice.

“I love you too.” Once you finished that sentence, music started to play and your final dance routine for the night began.

Chris twirled you around and you both moved at the rhythm of the music. As the routine was coming to an end, Chris placed his hands on your waist and lifted you up in the air. He slowly started to put you down as the music started to fade away. Once you were standing again, he leaned down and kissed you. With that final kiss, the curtains closed and everyone erupted in cheers.

You pulled back from the kiss and gazed into Chris’s eyes. He looked at you, wishing the kiss would have lasted longer. You started walking away from him, tears stinging your eyes. The emotions inside of you were getting stronger by the minute and not being able to tell him, was killing you. But you were afraid that he was going to reject you. That would hurt a lot more than not telling him at all. 

Chris noticed you started to get upset and walked closer to you. You turned around and started running back to your dressing room. Without hesitating, he ran after you and stopped you before you closed the door. 

“Hey, what’s wrong?” He asked. 

Your lip started to tremble, “I-”

Should I tell him? You wondered. He deserves to know...

“Chris-” He placed his hands on your arms and looked at you reassuringly, as if telling you that everything would be alright.

“I have feelings for you. I… I like you as more than just friends…” You looked down at your feet.

Chris’s eyes widened but he quickly smiled and lifted up your chin with his finger. 

Without saying a word, he leaned in and crashed his lips with yours. Your lips moved in perfect sync, like they were meant for each other. You rested your hands on his waist and he placed his on your cheeks.

“I have feelings for you too.” He confessed, making you smile.

This time, you were the one to kiss him. You both stumbled further into your dressing room and Chris pushed the door with his foot, closing it.

Who would've known that your dance partner would become your life partner, years later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ily guys! <3