fighting for justice

Warnings: mentions of death.

Request from: _.eclipse.of.moon._

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never in a million years, you would think you’d be here in the position you were. You were being accused of something you never did. Something you wouldn’t even think of doing. You were being accused of murder. 

You lived with your two best friends. After coming back from the supermarket one day, you found one of them dead in the kitchen. Panicked, you called 911. Your other roommate had killed her but escaped when you confronted her and haven’t seen her since. 

You were sitting in front of a judge that would decide what would happen to you. What your sentence would be. 

You had the best lawyer in town but the judge said there was not enough “proof” of your innocence. 

“I declare Y/n L/n guilty. With a death sentence.”

WHAT?! DEATH SENTENCE?! You immediately felt like crying and tried hard to not show it. Chris, your lawyer, told you to be strong and never show your worry or they might think you’re guilty.

“Dismissed.” Everyone stood up and left.

You and Chris got in the car and that’s when you broke. Sob after sob escaped from you and tears freely fell down your face. 

“Hey, hey. Y/n, it’ll be ok.”

“H-how? They w-wi-will kill me.” You spoke in between agitated breaths and sobs.

“I won’t let them touch you. You are innocent and I will prove it.”

“It’s too late, Chris. Even though I didn’t murder Amber, they will never believe it. I’m sorry.”

Chris started to silently cry as well. “Don’t say that. Y/n, throughout these past few days I grew feelings for you. I’ve come to the point where I can’t spend one single minute without thinking about you. I won’t. I won’t let them do this to you. You are innocent and I will prove that.”

“I have feelings for you too. But it’s not like it matters. I have a death sentence in one week.”

Chris hugged you and you just held each other tightly, crying like never before.

One week. That 's it. That’s all you have left with Chris. That’s all you have left of anything.

The entire week you tried to keep your mind out of it, spending what you could with Chris. He said he had some extremely important things to do so he had to leave for some hours on some days of the week. In all honesty, that made you feel terrible. You had one week left and he apparently had more important things to do. 

At last, the day came. You hadn’t seen Chris in two days now. He didn’t even answer your calls. 

Before you had to give your phone to one of the officials, you sent him a quick yet kind of long text.

To: Chris
From: Y/n

Chris, I’m going in. This is it. Thank you for fighting for me and doing the best you could. I love you. Yes. I love you. I’m sorry for not saying this in person but I love you. Thank you for making me laugh this past week. This is happening for a reason and we just have to accept it. I hope you find Amber’s actual murderer and prove it. Goodbye, Chris. Say goodbye to Dodger for me, can you?

You gave your phone to the officer and took a deep breath. 

Walking in the room you decided to just think of Chris. You wanted him to be the last thing you thought of before it happened. 

Taking one last deep breath, you sat in the chair and closed your eyes. 

The only official who would stay inside with you, closed the door of the room and headed over to where you were. 

As he was about to lock your wrists with the chair, loud banging was heard along with someone screaming things you couldn’t decipher.

“Don’t even speak.” The official ordered and walked to open the door.

As he opened it, Chris went flying inside the room with a bunch of papers and a video camera.

“Stop this right now!”

“Sir, stand back!”

“I have proof that Y/n L/n is innocent. I have a security video and text messages from the murderer of Amber Green. This woman is innocent and I have proof.”

You couldn’t help the tears running down your face.

The official called somebody who you assumed was some other officer and told you to go with them.

You met the judge and sat with him in a silent, dull room. You waited a few minutes for the other lawyer to get there and a few more officials who were involved.

Chris showed them all the proof he had gathered and the judge confirmed your innocence, immediately sending a search team on the lookout for the real murderer. You were released from any sentence.

~~~

“You did it!” You cried as Chris held you in his arms.

“We did it. Thank God.”

You felt so relieved. You were going to have a second chance at life. A life you hoped you would share with Chris. 

“Also, I saw your text. You love me?”

You looked up at him, “Yeah. I love you.” You chuckled and he grinned.

“I love you too.” You both smiled at each other like the biggest dorks.

“Let’s get out of here, eh?”

You were thankful for everything. Specially, grateful for Chris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed and remember to vote! <3

Requested by _.eclipse.of.moon._