break my heart (part 2)

Warnings: none :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You needed air. Space. Time. Your heart wrenched when Chris told you he was back with Jenny. You wanted to be the one with him. You wanted to receive his hugs and kisses. You wanted him to whisper sweet nothings into your ear, not hers.

You walked around the neighbourhood until you found a bench. You sat and just stared at the sky. The sun was setting and it looked beautiful, not like you noticed though. Nothing could take your mind off from what happened. Even though you wanted to stop thinking about it for just five minutes, you couldn't. Never in your life have you loved someone like this. You guessed living with Chris made it stronger. Seeing him everyday and all his weird and funny antics, made you fall in love with him insanely.

After an hour and a half, you decided to head back. You were planning on telling Chris to forget everything and just go to sleep. You couldn't afford losing your friendship. Even though you wouldn't be together as a couple, you were happy to at least be a part of his life.

You opened the door to the house and Dodger greeted you.

"Hi, bubba."

You patted his head and closed the door.

Chris was nowhere to be seen. This you were grateful for. You knew the moment you'd see him, the need to cry would make its triumphant appearance again.

Walking up the stairs, you made a bee-line to your room. As you opened the door, you saw him. He was sitting on your bed with a bunch of papers on his hands. When you walked in, he immediately raised his head and looked at you.

"Y/n..." His voice cracked as your name left his lips.

You just looked at him without saying anything; tears already pouring down your face.

"I called Jenny while you were gone."

Stab me harder, can ya Chris?

You just kept silently staring.

"I broke up with her. She wasn't even my girlfriend yet. We just went on a few dates. But I ended everything with her."

"Do you expect me to jump from happiness?" You were happy they broke it off. She had hurt Chris the first time they dated and you wouldn't stand her hurting him again. However, you weren't entirely happy. Even though he broke it off with Jenny, he still didn't love you. He didn't feel that passion for you.

Wrong. He did feel it. You just didn't know it. But that's why he's here.

"Y/n, I just want you to know I love you. Jenny was supposed to make me forget you. Because I love you."

Yet again, you stayed silent. You didn't know if he was lying or not.

"Why do you think I asked you to move in? I could've helped you find somewhere to live in. But I wanted you to live with me. Because by living here", His voice cracked, "by living here I get to see you everyday. I get to be the first person you greet in the morning and the last one you talk to every night. I have loved you since before you moved in here. I loved you when you moved here. And I still love you."

Both of you had tears streaming down your face at this point. Chris had stood up in the middle of his confession and you were inches apart from each other. All fright aside, you kissed him. Your salty tears mixed but neither of you cared. You both thought this would never happen. Your lips moved together until you pulled back for air.

Pressing your foreheads together, you said, "I love you so much, dork."

"I love you more."

Looking down you noticed he was holding some papers. "What are these for?"

He pulled back and looked at the letters. "This are letters I wrote for you. Since the moment I knew I loved you, I wrote you a letter every Valentines Day. I was supposed to give them to you every year but I kind of chickened out every time."

Both of you chuckled and you took the letters from him. Opening one by one and reading their content.

Each letter a different date and every letter made your heart swell.

All these years, he felt it too.

Now you were happy. Happier than ever. And boy, you weren't going to let him go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you guys enjoyed part two! Vote <3