Chapter 39

Ben

The alpha king came and he looks just like Zora. From his nose, mouth, and eyes. I'm surprised and happy that Imani didn't notice. Now I know for a fact that the reason Zora never told me about where she came from and about her family was that was a princess and the descendent of Lesedi. And my daughter has Mawu blood running through her veins. 

I want to run towards Imani and tell her to run away. I want to take her out of here because I know once the alpha king realizes that his daughter dead and his granddaughter is sitting at the same table as him. He will take Imani away and I won't ever be able to see her again. Maybe that's why Zora ran away too. Because she knew if she went back to the capital she will never see me again.

After the alpha king's speech, we eat. 

"So how has your pack been holding up with the hunter's attack?" the king asks.

"We have managed to not have as many casualties and deaths, unlike other packs. But we have had an increase in attacks." I answered. I did not think he would have a conversation with me. 

"Yes, I have heard recently the attacks have gotten bigger. That's why I decided to come here myself." He says. I don't know what to say to him. This is the first time in over a decade that a royal has left the capital. Normally it's the royal advisor that provides us information on what is happening in the capital. 

I continue to eat my food and look around the ballroom. Everyone is in their positions ready for action. I look over at Oliva who is eating quietly. She is wearing a turtleneck dress to cover the handprint I left on her neck. 

"I have a question for you alpha Kiba." The king says.

"Yes, Alpha," I said. 

"Now I have you seen a woman by the name---"

I strong scent feels my nose and I know the time has come. 

"What is that---" I take a napkin and put it over the king's mouth. I knew with this many people here that this would be their first sign of attack. I put on a gas mask that covers my mouth and nose. I look around and see everyone do the same. 

"What?" Oliva looks around confused. I smirk. 

Do it now. I told Omar.

The lights cut off and I shift into my wolf form. The poison gas is gone and the lights cut back on.

Everyone in the room is in their form wolf expect Benjy and Oliva. Brown, gray, red, and, black wolves will the room. The only white wolf is Zoe. 

"You have impressed me Alpha Kiba," The king says. I am happy he caught on to what is about to happen. The alpha king's wolf looks just like Imani's wolf expect he is stronger and bigger. He doesn't have a purple crescent moon on his forehead like Imani has which I find odd. But his wolf is white with blue eyes like Imani.