Chapter 26

Ben

Come on focus I yelled through the mind link. I am training Imani and Zoe in the back yard. Twice a week when I come home from work I would train them. I am first teaching him how to fight in the human form while using their wolf senses. Zoe is a fast learner and while Imani is much slower in taking direction. I take extra time with Imani because I want her to be able to defend herself with the rise of hunter attacks. 

A couple of weeks ago one of our wolves got an attack. It looks like the hunters are targeting our younger wolfs because they could be easy prey. We have increased our defenses on our border but the hunters can still make their move. They already attacked two packs in California and one in Texas. Everyone is on the edge and high alert. 

Come on Imani you're not letting your wolf take over. Use your power. I said as she failed to block my punch. One of my fear is Imani going through what we thought at the club where I first met her. That was our biggest hunter attack in four years. 

Spot thinking and just do. I can already tell you what your next move is. I said. 

When it comes to one on one combat Imani needs a lot of work. But running, jumping, and keeping her stamina she is great. Because Neema already trained Zoe before so she already knows all the basics. I am just helping her sharping her skills and to control her power. 

"That's it for tonight," I said seeing it was getting late and Imani was running out of energy. I can tell the look on Imani's face that she is very frustrated with herself. 

"Don't worry. You'll get better. You are still learning" I said patting her on the back. She smiled and walked back towards the house. I look at Zoe who is looking back at the forest. 

"Don't be late." I said as she runs towards the forest. I walk back into the house and go to take a shower. Lately, Oliva hasn't been home as much I find it odd because she never really liked going out. She told me a friend from university moved back here and she wants to spend time with them. So sometimes she would be coming back home very late or leaves early in the morning. I don't really mind because I am glad she is going out and being social. 

I know every since we got married she felt out of place considering she is a human living with a pack of wolves.  So if this one friend gives her some kind of social life and happiness I am here for it. But what I don't like is why she never mention this friend before. Oliva never talks about her life before we got married and had Benjy. In the beginning, I didn't mind because we were not a union based on love and she is not my mate. I only cared about my unborn son at the time and making sure he is raised in a good home environment. But it's been16 years I thought she would have opened up to me by now.