Chapter 4

Imani

"Come on Zoe!" I yelled. Waiting for her to finish getting dressed. I finally convinced Zoe into coming to the club with me. I was getting bored seeing the same things and I wanted to go out and just let loose. Zoe how has been home school her whole life never went to a party or even a club for that matter and is already close to her mid-20s. I need to help her get out more and meet people. 

I helped her picked an outfit to wear and is waiting for her to come out so I can see how it fits. 

"Well," Zoe comes out wearing black denim jeans with a silver chain that hanged on her side, a black tank top that has red dragon prints all over it. And a matching black denim jacket. 

"OMG YES!" I said clapping in excitement. When going through her closet I realized Zoe loves red and black and she has an afro punk and gothic style. I find it interesting because her style is very bold but her personality is the opposite. Maybe she needs some help in matching her style with her personality.

"I love it! do you love it?" I said getting up to look at her closely. She looks over the body mirror the hangs on her wall. 

"Well," She turns her body to get a look at her back. 

"I do. This is my style." She says with a smile.

"You see I told you it would work. So now just put on a red lip to match and pick out a small purse you can carry or hang around you. I'll go get dress and meet you downstairs. Oh, and for your hair put half up and half down." I said before walking out of her room and going to my room. 

I took a shower and got dressed in neon orange joggers with a black shell belt, black sleeveless top, and white platform shoes. I used a  silver glitter fanny pack the I can hang across my chest as my bag to put my phone, money, and lip gloss. I also wore a black beret and black skinny glasses. Since the neon orange is extra enough I didn't wear any jewelry. And put simple makeup. I decided to take my hair out of the braids and leave my hair out in a braid out in a pineapple style updo. 

I met Zoe downstairs. 

"Wow," She said in shock. 

"I know. She ready" I said with a laugh and giving her a spin. "Now let's go!" I said walking out of the house with her following behind me. We went to a club called Night Owl. 

"Now this is what I am walking about," I said as we stepped in. I felt myself already bombing my head to the music as I check out the club.

"Wow--I never met so many people like me in one room." Zoe said smelling the air. I looked at her confused. I mean there are a lot more black people here. I ignored her random comment and looked back towards the club. Everyone was chill minding their business either chilling at a table or bar, or on the dance floor.