Chapter 12

Benjamin

Neema was able to find a witch in time. I am guessing this is the same witch who helped put a barrier on her cabin. They told me to wait outside and they would call me if anything happens. I was pacing back in forth outside of the door praying to the moon goddess that Imani will be okay. 

"Don't worry Ben" Neema says who is sitting down. 

Ignore her and keep packing. I didn't even get a chance to let my parents meet her yet. I didn't even introduce her to the pack or teach her about what we are. So many regrets come into my mind as I continue to wait. 

I felt the smell of the air change and a big source of power come through me. I then hear the found of bones cracking and growling. 

She is changing. My wolf says. 

I hear them call for me and I quickly open the door to see Imani in her wolf form. Everyone stares at her in shock. Imani's wolf is different from everyone in our pack. She a little bigger than a normal female wolf and her fur is white. But not like Zoe's fur which is pure white. Imani has gold eyes like me and her fur is white but the tips are a little brown. Also, she has a purple crescent moon shape on her forehead. There only a few types of people who can have that color fur and that's a royal wolf. They are pure breed wolves who are blood descendants of the moon goodness Mawu. I don't understand what the crescent moon means but that fur is one of a kind everyone knows what it means when they see it. 

Now everything is starting to make sense. Now I know why Zora never wanted to show me her wolf. It's because she was a pure wolf. And she didn't want me to know she was a princess. I am upset but also scared at the same time. Why would she not trust me enough to tell me and why didn't she tell me? 

Do not speak of what you have witnessed today! I yelled in everyone's mind using my alpha tone.  I looked at Imani looking around confused. I can tell she is trying to finger out what is going on. Once she realizes she is in her wolf form she starts to freak out and run around in circles. It's actually really cute to see. 

I calm her down and pet her head. She reacts to my touch and calms down. I don't want to waste any more time so I tell her the truth because it's too late to let her down gently. Once she hears the word werewolves her eyes widen in shock. 

"Can I have the room?" I ask. Everyone leaves the room and it's only me and Imani. 

I pat her head as I continue to talk. 

"Imani the thing your mom, Neema, Zoe, and I have been keeping from you is that we are not humans. We are werewolves. Your mother is one too. And I am what would call an alpha. An alpha is someone who is a leader of a pack. Wolves travel in packs. There are packs all over the world. We are a small group of people who like to stay away from humans and we tend to keep to ourselves. Neema is a werewolf too and she is---well she used to be part of our pack. Our pack is called Sliver Fang and I rule all the wolves in this state. We are one of the biggest and one of the older packs. There are two in California, one in Florida, two in Texas, And many more." I said as I continue to pet her head.