Chapter 35

Ben

It's been a week and Imani hasn't still woken up yet. I am running my time and I am losing my patience. I don't know if my daughter is healing well all I know is she is still breathing which is a nice sign. And we still haven't found any leads on the hunters. We are still trying to find the weapon and the lost security footage. I don't know what else to do. Oh, and my son hates me. He was furious when he found out what happened to his mother. 

At first, he tried to run out of the house to go break her out. And that led us to fight each other. Benjy has gotten a lot stronger and I had a hard time trying to overpower him to stop him from going down to the station. But I am still alpha and I had more power than him. I convinced him that no harm shall come to her and that I promised I will let her out. 

I made Benjy stay with my parents in the meantime because Neema will be busy with the ball and I had Zoe watch more Imani for me when I couldn't be there. Omar and I have been doing the best we can in trying to find anything. The Alpha King will be coming next Friday which is the day of the ball.

Today I am going to visit my parents and Benjy to see how there are doing. When I get there my mother greets me.

"How is she doing?" Mom asks. 

"She still hasn't woken up yet," I said with a sigh as I take a seat. I can smell Benjy's scent in the house so I know he is here. But he doesn't want to come down and see me.

"Oh, Mawu," She said putting her hands in the air and shaking her head in shame. "I pray every day for that child to wake up."

"And look at you." She says coming over to me and touching the side of my face.

"You have the same face when you finally gave up on looking for Zora. Have you eaten?" She asks. My mother takes my head and leads me to the dining room. I see food all laid out on the table. She does this every time I come to visit. I take a seat and she fixes me a plate of food. 

"How is he doing?" I asked. 

"Well after two days of not coming out of his room he finally came out." She says taking a seat next to me. I start eating. 

"He started training." She says. "Every day he wakes up at five in the morning and goes for a run. Then he eats breakfast and trains his body. He would even sometimes practice fighting with your father." 

I smile "That's good." I said. 

"You know Benjy has gotten a lot bigger and healthier too. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to shift sometime next week." I look at my mom surprised.