Chapter 25

Imani

I went to the kitchen to get something to drink and I saw Oliva putting a brown powered into a cup.

"What's that?" I asked opening the fridge. Oliva jumped and turn around to look at me. 

"Oh, this is for Benjy." She said and started to stir the cup. 

"Is he sick or something?" I took out a bottle of water and opened it. 

"No, but it is healthy. You know since he has been working very hard in shifting I been giving him this drink to help with his immune system." She said with a smile. 

"So what's in it?" I asked taking a sip of my water. 

"Oh, uh this is a home remedy and it has like a lot of herbs all mixed in it." As I listen to her, she doesn't sound sure about what she is talking about. The scent of the power isn't stronger but I can smell it. 

"You know--"

"Hey, I finished setting the table." Eric came into the kitchen scaring me. I jumped when he just came and walked up behind me. 

"Eric!" I yelled in shock and holding my chest which is now beating loudly. 

"Oh, hey Imani." He said with a smile. I look at him confused. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I invited him to dinner. And thanks for setting up the table Eric." Oliva said smiling at him. I looked at both of them confused. 

"And why would you do that?" I asked confused. 

"What you don't want to see me?" Eric said sounding hurt. 

"No that's it. I just find it very random. I didn't even know you and Oliva talked like that." I said. 

"We--we don't." Oliva said. "He introduced himself to me at the party and I thought he was a nice young man. And considering he is your friend I thought it would be a great idea to not only surprise you but to clear up any misunderstandings between us." She said with a smile. 

"What misunderstandings?" I asked confused. The last time I check Eric and I already talked and moved on. I forgave him and decided to move on. 

"Well---"

"I asked told Oliva about how your dad doesn't trust me. And I wanted to get on his good side if I am going to be staying here. And about how bad I felt lying to you as your friend." Eric said cutting in. 

I look between the both of them. I don't understand why he wouldn't come to me about that issue. I would have gladly helped him and create a time where he and my dad could talk to one another. I am surprised that he would be so quick to open up to Oliva like this. I mean I never introduce him to her before nor talk to him about her.