Chapter 22

Ben

Today is the day I introduce Imani and Zoe to the pack. I was thinking of introducing Eric to the pack but I don't feel completely safe with him around me just yet. So far he has been doing well at Omar's house and Omar's son Jojo is happy to have an older brother figure at home. 

"Is everyone ready let's go!" I yelled from downstairs. Benjy and I were waiting in the living room for all the women to finish getting ready. My body is painted with white and purple marks that represent my rank and pack. I have a huge symbol on my back of an upside-down crescent moon with a sun on top. It stands for love, faithfulness, and harmony. All males have this symbol on their backs while females have it on their foreheads. 

In my arms, I have symbols that represent strength, wisdom, courage, and support. I am wearing black shorts and I am shirtless. I have a cape made out of fur from previous alphas from the Sliver Fang pack. I am also wearing a necklace that is a gold fang. Beaded bracelets that are the colors of our pack. Benjy's outfit looks is similar to mines expect he doesn't have a cape. He is shirtless and has a white stripe of paint across his face because he hasn't shifted yet he isn't an adult. As he gets older, shifts, and becomes an alpha he will get more long and detailed markings with color. He is shirtless and has a bandana make out of bear fur wrap around his forehead and feet. Benjy also has the moon symbol on his back. And a beaded necklace that's white and black. 

Oliva comes downstairs wearing a traditional Luna outfit. She is wearing a purple dress with gold leaf patterns. She has white and purple painting marks across her face and body that represents her rank. She has a white mark of a heart and an upside-down heart on top which stands for mother earth. And has a golden fang necklace. Beaded bracelets on her arms and feet. Her hair is up in a bun with a crown made out of yellow and purple beads wrapped around her bun. 

Neema and Zoe finally come down. Neema is dressed in a purple and black African print mermaid dress and her hair is covered with a head wrap to match. Her face is painted and she has the pack colors on a beaded necklace.  Zoe is dressed in a white and black print toga. Her hair is covered in puka shells and gold clips. She is wearing a black mask that covers her whole face and she can't take it off until she is officially greeted into the pack. The mask has two holes for her eyes and the edges of the mask are full of brown feathers. 

Imani comes down wearing the same mask as Zoe. Imani is dressed in a white and black African print skirt and top. She has white beads on her arms and feet. Her hair is in braids and it's full of puka shells and golden lace wrapped around her hair.

We take a car up to the mountains. Once we arrive I see everyone from the pack is here. Everyone in the pack is dressed in their traditional wear. The men are shirtless with body paint of their ranks while the women are dressed in purple and black, or white. The sounds of drums and bells ring in my ears. There is a huge fire pit in the middle and seats around. Omar comes and hands me my mask which is the mask the represents Alpha. I put on the mask and slowly make my way towards the fire pit. My family goes to take their seats. Following our African roots, we dance to show praise to Mawu and to communicate with each other.  I let out a howl and the drums and bells stop playing.