Chapter 28

Ben

The hunter's attacks continue to rise as we try to prepare for the Alpha King's arrival. I don't think will be able to control the attacks by the time he gets here.  I have added more training for Imani and Zoe. Neema has also been helping me out in teaching the girls. I am getting more worried about the safety of my pack. Luckily no one has died. We just have a few injuries because we increase our defenses we are able to get there on time before the hunters can cause any serious damage. 

Today is Eric's graduation. And soon he will be joining our defense team. Omar told me lately Eric stopped going out late and he hasn't been on his phone as much as he used to. But he still has nightmares. I am keeping Eric very close to me. He will be joining my team once he is out on the field as an officer. 

After Omar and I gave our speeches to the graduates it was time to give them their badges and then everyone will say the creed. The ceremony was quick and easy and everyone left to take photos and hug their family members. Imani came with me to support Eric. I didn't want her to come at first, but at the end of the day, he is still her friend. And I am aware of the bond they have. I just have to trust my training has helped her be able to realize when something is wrong and to listen to her wolf. 

Imani has a very difficult time trusting her wolf. She is afraid of letting go and I don't know how to make her see that being one with your wolf spirit and telling it to take over is the most beautiful and soulful thing a person can do. I am thinking maybe if meets her mate she will understand and treasure her wolf. I also think I have myself to blame because the first couple of months I didn't allow her to shift and get used to her wolf. A wolf's first shift is very important. It's the same when a baby is firstborn. They quickly put the baby on the mother's chest to build the bond between the mother and child. It's the same concept when you shift. 

When a werewolf shifts it is very important that they stay in their wolf form for at least a day or two. That's why part of the ceremony you are supposed to pray, meditate, give thanks to Mawu in your wolf form. Those moments give the werewolf to accept and be one with their wolf spirit. Sadly I didn't allow that for Imani and let her shift for a few hours because I was afraid someone was going to find out about her wolf. 

Eric and Imani are going out for dinner to celebrate. I already one my of subordinates watching them for me. I decided to go back home for the day. After graduation, I took a few photos with the new officers and talked to their parents who some of them are part of my pack. What I didn't expect was for them to tell me that they think Imani will be a better fit for our pack's Alpha than Benjy. No one other than Omar, Neema, and I has seen Imani's wolf. And Eric too. So why would they think she would make a better alpha than Benjy? I get that she is older but it still doesn't make any sense. I have an idea who would want to start something like this and it's William. William has been fighting with me since I became alpha of this pack. He has even sent letters to the capital to get them to remove me from my position. He is a huge hater and thinks ever since my sister and mate disappeared that my family has ruined this pack's legacy and that we are unfit to continue to lead this pack.