Chapter 23

Imani

After the ceremony, Zoe and I changed into our formal wear. I changed into a two-piece yellow dress with red flowers all around the skirt. The skirt is a very loose and light skirt that is easy to dance in. I still wearing the flower crown I put my hair down. Zoe changed into a red dress with big hoop golden earrings. We both received a golden fang necklace that symbolizes that we are part of the Silver Fang pack. 

The moment I came back to the party after I finished changing out of my traditional clothes, I was surrounded by a lot of men. It was so overwhelming. They kept asking me so many questions, and I didn't know how to answer. Most of them wanted to know about my position in the pack and if I would be the next alpha since I can shift. They also asked me about my wolf and if they could see it.

"Hey, guys, there is plenty of ass-kissing to go around," Benjy said, sticking out his ass toward the guys surrounding me. I laughed at his pose. "I mean, my dad is alpha too why does she get all the attention." He said. The men looked at Benjy, annoyed, and finally walked away. 

"Don't let those guys intimidate you. They are just kissing our ass because they want to get close to our family's status." He said, coming next to me. 

"Thanks," I said with a sigh. 

"You did great by the way." He said with a smile. "Now come over on this side, and I'll show the people you can trust." He says, putting his arm around my shoulder.  We walk over to the buffet first.

"Congrats Imani!" Jojo said, walking over toward us with Eric by his side. I don't know how I feel about Eric since I haven't seen him in weeks. Eric is shirtless like most of the guys here. He doesn't have any special paint markings on his body since he doesn't belong to a pack. When we arrived here, I was so shocked to see how many people were shirtless. It was so hard not to stare. I was fixing myself a plate of food before they approached me. 

"Thanks, Jojo it's great to see you," I said, giving him a hug. 

"Hey, Eric." I said, greeting him.

"Hey, Imani. Congrats, and you look great, by the way." He said, smiling.

"Thanks," I said, feeling awkward. I continued to fix my plate of food, and the guys followed after me. We all decided to sit together.  Zaire came later to join us. Benjy and Zaire sat on my left side while Jojo and Eric sat on my right. We eat while talking to each other. The boys praised me for my dance and attempt to speak Zulu. 

"So, who are the people I am supposed to stay clear from?" I asked. 

"First, you see those older women over there," Jojo said, pointing to four older women from across the bonfire.