Chapter 30

Ben

"When you finish writing your statement you're free to go," I said.

I have taken some time off from pack work to focus on my day job. I have been working at the police station for a couple of weeks now in hopes to find any leads on the spy. Hunters are humans they kill and hunt magic creates and use them to create weapons to kill. Since I am the police chief for the state I have access to every civilian's information.  Surely there should be a clue somewhere. 

While I have been focusing on protecting the pack Oliva has made a big process in preparing for the Alpha King's visit. I still can't believe the elders agreed to this masquerade party. I didn't think anyone would agree to a theme party. But I am glad she is getting support this is a great opportunity for her to prove herself to the pack and show her loyalty. We haven't been able to see each other as often because we're both so busy. 

I also notice that Benjy has gotten bigger and stronger. I don't know how that happend or when it started but if he keeps this up I have no dought that will soon shift. Since Oliva isn't home as often to cook dinner I am thinking maybe it's help from Neema's cooking that there has been in a change in Benjy. He looks happier and confident. I am glad I had a talk with him and that he isn't letting the rumors get to him.

"Here's the budget for the party," Omar said stepping into my office. I let out a sigh as I took the folder from him and open it. The budget is three times larger than last year, but I am not surprised. And it's nothing we can't afford. 

"Wait why is the bill for the staff is so high?" I asked confused. 

"Oh, since the party is going to be bigger this year Luna thought we should hire new staff," Omar said. 

"New staff?" I said confused. "We don't need to hire new people. We can just ask for volunteers from the pack." I said getting up from my desk. 

"Well, she said it's best to hire professionals to do the job." He said. 

I don't like the idea of unknown people being at the party. This is supposed to be an exclusive event since the King will be coming. I don't want outsiders that can compromise our security. 

"No, change it. Don't hire any new people. Only people in our pack are invited. If you need more help get volunteers from the pack." I said handing him back the folder. 

"Yes, Alpha." He answered. 

"Oh, And how is Eric doing?" I asked.

"He's been doing well. The other staff has been liking him. He does his job well." He said. I nob my head.