Chapter 21

 Imani

The smell of leaves and trees fills my nose as I run through the forest. The wind is blowing through my far and the leaves crush beneath my paws. I run through the trees howling. It feels so good to be free. I didn't know running with my wolf would be this exhilarating. I feel so powerful and free. I never felt this way before. 

I hear a howl coming from behind me and I continue to run not looking back. I felt a presence come up from behind me. It was a white wolf with blue eyes. The wolf had a purple crescent moon on its forehead. I don't know why but it feels natural being next to this wolf.  We continued to run in the forest until finally I got tired and we took a rest near a lake. I watch as the wolf bends down to take a sip of water from the lake. The white wolf is so beautiful. It's bigger and stronger than me but we look the same. I look at myself in the reflection of the water. Unlike the other wolf, my eyes are gold. 

The white wolf slowly makes its way towards me and stands beside me and looks at the water. 

Something about this scene looks familiar but I don't know why. 

"What is it about you?" I heard a woman's voice. I looked to my side to see a necked woman's body. She is wearing a silver wolf's mask. On her body, I can see little stars shining and swimming around her skin. 

"After all these years I still can't understand why he chooses you every time

"After all these years I still can't understand why he chooses you every time." She said. I don't understand what she is talking about but I remember this aura.

"Are you Mawu?" I asked. She turned her head to the side. 

"I am called many things." She said standing up. 

"So Ms. Imani what is this time?" She said crossing her arms. 

"What do you mean?" I asked.