Chapter 18

Ben

I never lived with so many people in one house. I knew this was going to be a big change for me and my life and it was going to take a while in getting used to this change. I woke up early to go for a run with my wolf. I haven't had a real conversation with Neema since she came to live with us. We greet each other every day but that's about it. I don't even know what to talk about with her. I was 18 the last time I saw my sister. We are both now adults we are not the same as we once were. 

I don't even know where to start. I haven't talked to Zoe either. I can't even look at her. Every time I see her I go back to the time when her teeth were inside Imani's arm. She still has a scar from that. I almost lost my daughter that day. And I feel Zoe feels the same way too because she doesn't make eye contact with me either. 

Although we all have our own scars we have yet to heal from I know we will make it through it. I have to for Zora and for Imani.  After my run, I came back home to take a shower before everyone woke up for breakfast. Oliva was awake by the time I entered our room. 

I went to sit next to her on the bed. We haven't talked since I introduced my family to my sister and daughter. I didn't like how she behaved during that dinner. I know this isn't easy for her, but it doesn't help the Luna of my pack is being disrespectful to my family. 

"Oliva, I know this is hard for you. And trust me the last thing I want is to make you and Benjy feel left out or underappreciated. I love you both and I am doing this for our family. Neema and Zoe are part of our family too and as the Luna of this pack, I would love it if you could be more understanding toward them.  I know this lifestyle is hard enough being that your human and you never had to deal with something like this before. And I am grateful for all the these you stood by my side. I haven't forgotten about that.  I don't even know what I am doing. But I am willing to try. I need you." I said.  I took her hand and kissed it. 

"I love you. We can't change the past but we can control the path we choose to take." I said giving her hand a squeeze.

Oliva takes a deep breath and looks up at me "I know, I know. And I hear you, Ben. And I am sorry for my behavior. When I choose to keep Benjy and be part of your pack I knew that also came with a huge responsibility. I also know and understand the pain you were going through in searching for your sister." She says. I smile and give her a kiss on the cheek for being so understanding.  

"But Ben I have to ask even though it hurts I have to say it." She says looking into my eyes. 

"If--if Zora never left would you still have been with her?" She asks. I let out a sigh and take both of her hands. Because Oliva is human and she wasn't raised the same way as everyone in the pack she doesn't understand the bond and connection of a mate. What makes being married to Oliva very difficult is that we can't read each other thoughts and our souls are not connection compared to a werewolf couple. Oliva doesn't understand the concept of soulmates and having to be bonded by someone forever.