Chapter 8

Ben

It took me everything in me to keep my wolf back. My wolf wanted to kill my sister and her daughter so badly. I honestly wanted to kill them too. I never thought my own sister would betray me and our family like this. Although it is shocking that her mate turned out to be a vampire I am more hurt at the fact that once she found out I had a daughter she didn't try to contact me. And she helps my mate run away. Did she not care about the pain she put me and my wolf through? Losing a mate is painful than death it's self. It's like losing a piece of your soul to us. I didn't know my sister can this selfish. 

I also can't believe her daughter almost killed me. Me, an alpha! she almost killed me right in front of my daughter. 

We should have killed them.  My wolf says. 

I let out a growl as I continue to drive home. Imani is in the passenger seat next to me and she hasn't said a word since we got in the car. I know she is probably freaked out right now. I know Zora hasn't told Imani anything about us and who we are. It's going to be very hard to explain this to her. My sister created this whole mess that I have to clean up.

Although I want to kill Zoe for almost killing me I do want her to leave that cabin. It's not good for someone like her to stay hidden like that. I can tell she still has trouble controlling her power. It looks like my sister has been suppressing her power instead of helping her learn how to use it. And that is why it's best if Zoe and Imani learn from our pack and not be kept in the dark. 

Once we arrive home Imani goes upstairs to her room. 

"Hey, baby." Oliva comes out of the kitchen and greets me in the living room. I give her a kiss on the lips and take a seat. 

"So how was it?" She asks. I let out a sigh. Luckily Oliva wasn't upset like I thought she would when I told her Imani is my daughter from my mate. Although she is human she is very understanding. 

"Horrible," I said. "I fought with my sister and her daughter almost killed me." I said. 

"What!" She yelled in shock. 

"Honestly I shouldn't have gone. Neema has changed so much. You know she is the reason I couldn't find my mate all these years. She helped her run away when Zora was pregnant!" I said. Oliva pats my back as I tell her what happened. 

"Are you going to tell your parents?" She asks. I shake my head. 

"No, not yet. I offer them a place in our pack. It's about time She faces her fears and this pack. But I'll let them know about Imani later when I am ready." I said and get up.

"I'm going to take a shower. Is Benjy here yet?" I asked. 

"He should be back from school in a few minutes. Dinner will be ready soon." She answers as I head upstairs to our room. I take a shower and get ready for dinner. Before I go downstairs I knock on Imani's door to check on her.