Chapter 31

Imani

"Slow down."

It's my fault I shouldn't trust him.

"Slow down, Imani."

I should have known he was a spy.

"IMANI BREAKS!"

I snapped out of it and quickly press hard on the breaks before I rear-end the car in front of me. 

"Eish!," Dad yelled. My heart is pounding in shock. This is the second time I almost crashed into a car. "Pull over," He said. I slowly pull over the car to the side of the road. Dad started to teach me how to drive. Today is my second lesson and ever since my dream I haven't been able to focus. I keep thinking about what my mother said. 

Dad took deep breaths before he turned to speak to me. 

"Imani, What is going on?" He asked. "You almost killed us. This isn't a joke. I need you to focus on the directions I give you. I am doing this for you and you haven't listened to anything I said for the past hour." He says. I look down at the string wheel in shame. 

"If you are not ready it's okay." He said in a soft tone. 

"I'm sorry. I just---"

"What is Imani? You haven't been acting like yourself lately. Are you okay?" He asks full of concern. I don't know if I should tell him about my dreams. 

"Dad I--I had a dream a few days ago." I said feeling nervous. 

"What kind of dream?" He asks. 

"About mom," I said looking up to look at me. 

"Your mother?" He said confused. "What happend in this dream?" He said getting more curious. 

"Well I was in this open plan and there was a huge tree with many white wolves around it. One of the wolves approached me and turned into mom." Dad's eyes widen in shock.  

"She was crying and saying sorry she was and that she wanted me to meet you, but she didn't want to put the pack at risk," I said. 

"Is that all?" He asked. 

"No, she also said something about a spy--"

"What!" Dad yelled causing me to jump in shock. "Imani please tell me everything you remember in that dream every detail." He said getting closer.

"S--She mention a spy and how she shouldn't have trusted him."

"Who?" He said putting his hands on my shoulder.