Chapter 9

Imani

As soon as we got home I went to my room. So many things spin around in my head. I don't know what to do. My heart is beating so fast. I don't know if it's out of fear or confusion or maybe both. I know what I saw was real but I don't understand what I saw. What are they? Am I like them too? How is any of this possible? 

Zoe has fangs, my father and aunt have super strength. And Zoe can kill someone just by biting them. This isn't normal. 

"Our family has a tradition where once you become of a certain age we have a rite of passage ceremony."

"And when the full moon is at its peak you will have to go through a very painful transformation and after that transformation, you are welcome into the family."

"Do you know the sentence  for killing an alpha's mate?"

I don't think I can stay here any longer. I feel there is something bigger and dangerous is going to happen the longer I stay here.  

The next day I woke up to eat breakfast. The first thing I have to do is contact Eric and find a way to get the hell out of here. 

"Oh, you must be my new sister." A boy says walking into the dining room. I turn around to face to face him. 

"Benjy she's your only sister," Oliva says mixing him a plate. Benjy comes to take a seat next to me. Benjy is wearing a school uniform and he is taller name me. Benjy also looks like Ben but he was more of his features than me. Benjy is lighter than me and has loose curly brown hair with light brown eyes. 

"Who knows I am sure another family member will come out of woodworks." He says and pours himself a glass of apple juice. 

"Imani this is Benjamin and my son. His name is Benjamin Jr. but we call him Benjy for short." Says Oliva. I nod my head in understanding. 

"Hey, sis." He says with a smile. "Wow, you really do look like our dad." He says getting into my face. I move my face back. 

"Um...can I have my space please." I said eyeing up and down. He laughs and leans back to his side of the table. 

"So how old are you?" He asks. 

"Old enough to be your older sister," I said taking a bite of my eggs.

"Well, I see where you get your humor from," Benjy says sarcastically.

"And I see where you got your rudeness from" I answered back and took a sip of my orange juice. I don't know how I should feel about Benjy. I am not surprised Ben has another kid. I mean it's only natural that he got married and have a child. But it was wired coming in like this I feel like I am butting into their life. Now that I know my father has a family of his own what room is there for me? My family is gone.