Chapter 24

Ben

After the ceremony, I got a lot of questions about Eric. Everyone knew he is a rogue wolf and they didn't feel safe with him around especially with the hunter attacks on the rise. I agreed with their concerned and if it was up to me I would have killed him on the spot. But because Imani trusts him and because he was close with my mate. I want to get more information from him.  I told everyone in my pack to keep a close eye on him. And if they find anything suspicious to inform me or Omar. 

Another suspicious thing is how quickly Eric is finishing his training. In a couple of weeks, he will officially become an officer. He is surpassing everyone at an amazing speed. For someone as young as him to be fighting as if he been fighting since he was a child is extraordinaire. I know he said my mate taught him but she couldn't be that good as a teacher considering she never shift and her wolf should have been weakened since we were separated for so long.  When Zora left I almost lost my title as alpha because I was weakened by the loss of my mate. In fact, I am still weak, but mating with Oliva did help a little bit. But my alpha's power isn't as its full potential as it was before. That is why a lot of people in the pack think I am unfit to be the pack's alpha. Because I lost my mate and I mated with a human. 

I haven't told Imani about the side of the pack and how we don't take kindly to humans. Just like having a vampire mate is extremely rare so is having a human mate. In fact, I think there have only been 3 times on record that a wolf mated with a human. We wolf although look human on the outside considers ourselves a different species from humans. 

Because of this Benjy has been bullied all his life. He is under a lot of pressure because he hasn't been able to shift yet and he is almost 18. I am very worried about him but I do believe in due time he will get his wolf. 

Today I am going to visit my parents. I haven't seen them since the party and they have been spending more time with Zoe and Neema. I wanted to let them have their time together since it's been so long. I asked Neema if she wanted to live with our parents instead but she told me that Zoe will be lonely and she doesn't want that. 

"Hey, I'm here!" I yelled as I entered the house. 

"Welcome sweetie." My mom called out from the kitchen. I came over and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Your father is in the garden." She said patting me on the back. I smiled and left to go to the garden. Ever since my father retired as the alpha of our pack and as police chief he started to pick up a hobby of gardening and planting while my mother loves taking care of animals like chickens, horses, dogs, and a car.

I went out back to my father's greenhouse where is watering his plants. 

"Hawu baba." I said.