Chapter 6

Ben

20 years.

20 years.

I missed 20 years of my daughter's life. I--I can't believe this whole time Zora was pregnant and she left without telling me. And what makes everything worse my sister even knew about it. Sometimes it is your own blood. I spent a decade looking for Zora. She is my mate and I couldn't live without her. I loved her with all my soul and every breath in my body. She was my world and when she left my life was never the same. At the time I was supposed to take over my pack when I graduated high school and I was going to make Zora my luna and introduce her to my pack. My parents already knew her and loved her. My sister was best friends with Zora at the time. 

I remember when I wanted to take the next step in our relationship she didn't want me to meet her parents. I don't know why but for some reason she never talked about her family or her wolf. I didn't even know what packed she belonged too. But that didn't matter to me as long as she was at my side. After years of searching for her and my sister, I had to give up in order to lead my pack. And although Oliva isn't my mate I do care for her. She was a one-night stand and I took full reasonability for what happened and married her since I knew I wasn't going to find Zora and my baby is going to be the next alpha. 

I always knew Zora was alive somewhere I just prayed I would see her one last time before I left this world. It hurts to find out that she died, but at the same time it's a blessing because it leads me to my daughter, Imani. My beautiful baby girl who is the living proof of our love. I have a lot of explaining to do with Oliva, Benjy, and the pack. When my parents are going to freak out when they find out Neema is alive. 

I woke up early with Imani to go to Neema's house. Since it's a long drive away from the pack territory I wanted to leave early and because we are going to have a long time. I haven't seen my sister in 23 years and I have no idea what I am going to do or say once I see her. 

"So is this where you grew up?" Imani asks as we are driving to see Neema. 

"Yes, I was born and raised here," I answered. 

"I saw some photos of you playing soccer." She says. 

"Yes, I played soccer up until college. I still play with my friends when I have time." I say with a smile. 

"What about you? were you in any clubs in school?" I asked. 

"Uh...I ran tracked in high school. That's about it. I don't have mom's artistic vision." She says with a laugh. We spend the whole car ride talking about our high school memories. I learn Zora moved around a lot with Imani. And it seems like she really was running away from something. I am not sure if it was from me or someone else. 

"Okay, and you'll turn here and see it up on your left," Imani said. 

"I can't believe she was here this whole time." The reason I was never able to find this place is that there is a protected barrier around it that hides the cabin from the naked eye and its scent. I never thought she would have help from a witch to hide. I park in front of the cabin and take a deep breath before I get out of the car. 

As soon as I step out of the car someone comes over and grabs me by the neck and pushes me against my car. 

"23 years, Neema," I said growling at her as I stare into her glowing gold eyes. 

"Neema!" Imani yells in shock from the passenger side of the car.  She runs over to us. "What the hell are you doing!" She yells. Neema doesn't let go of my neck and continues to glare up at me. Annoyed by her actions I let out a growl and put my hand on her arm and put pressure. I push her arm off my neck and she falls back. I run up towards her and lift her body up and pushed her to a nearby tree. Imani screams in shock. 

"Imani stay back," I said and crack my hands and neck. Neema quickly gets up and lets out a growl. We both charge towards each other. Unlike when we were children I am a full-grown adult alpha. I am much stronger than her. My punches land hard and fast she doesn't have to react nor defend. 

"Mom!" I turn around to a voice I never heard before and see a lady come running out of the house. 

"Who are you?" She growls at me and shows me her fangs. The moment I get a good look at her face and realize her scent I knew who is she. I look over at my sister who is trying to get up from the ground. I turn around to face the young lady. 

"I am your uncle," I answer. The lady gaps in shock. "Yup and this girl over here," I said pointing at Imani who looks terrified. "Is my daughter." 

"Umm...I'm Zoe." She answers looking between her mother and me. I let out a laugh and look over back to Neema. 

"Oh, dear sister you have some explaining to do," I said and crossed my arms.