Chapter 20

Ben

I was at home enjoying my night with Oliva when I got a call from the station telling me they found the identified wolf. I quickly left the house and shifted into my wolf. Omar told me in the mind link that the rouge wolf is on the run. One of our pack officers found the wolf and was able to stop him, but he ran away and now everyone is on the speed chase after him. I decided to go after him in my wolf form since it would be faster to reach him. 

I followed the directions they gave me and I was able to cut him off. I jumped in front of the car causing him to crash in front of me. It did hurt when we collided with each other I needed time to recover. Suddenly I smelled a familiar scent and saw Imani standing next to the rogue wolf. 

What are the odds of this happening? It seems every time there is trouble somehow it involves Imani. I bet she got this from her mother's side of the family. Judging from Imani's shock faced when her friend Eric turned into a wolf I can see she never knew her best friend was a wolf this whole time. Even though he is her friend I can't have a rouge wolf around my daughter. 

Surprisingly the rouge wolf was able to keep up with me. I never met a wolf who can fight like him. He is on the same level as my beta. There is no way he is able to learn how to fight like this on his own. I didn't want to hurt him badly and I was buying some time for my reinforcements to get here. But Eric was not going to let that happen he was fighting me in an attempt to kill me. I could not let that happen. Eric was about to deliver another blow on me when Imani came and pushed him off me. 

Aw, shit!

I told Imani to never let anyone she can shift and now she goes and shows her wolf to a rouge. This could not be the worst-case scenario. Thanks to Imani we were able to subdue Eric and take him into custody.

"What are you guys going to do with him?" Imani said following us as we put his body into the cop car.

"Don't worry we are going to bring him in for questioning," I said. 

"Questioning?" She said confused. "For what? Look, I know what he did---"

"Imani this isn't your place to speak on this. I know he is your friend, but you didn't even know he was a wolf. And I have a rouge wolf in my territory and as Alpha, it's my job to protect everyone in my pack. I have to see if Eric is a danger to this pack." I said. I could tell Imani is very worried about her friend but at the same time, she knows I am right. 

"Don't worry no har---Well honestly I can't promise anything Imani."

"DAD!" She yelled in shock. I realize when Imani calls me dad is only when she is shocked or in danger. She never calls me dad when we are alone or at home.