Magic!Reader

(Witch/wizard/mage)

(A/n: This is a Little inspired by fantastic beasts and where to find them.)

(Y/n)'s POV-

The sun was rising with pinks and yellows filling the sky. The cliff I was standing on had the whole view of The Valley, It was the perfect place to watch from. I breathed in looking down at all the people below.

I had to move to Norway recently to keep myself safe. I'd been catch by my roommate back in London while caring for an injured baby dragon I had found and saw my spell castings. Almost got me arrested but they let me off with a warning and wiped their mind I guess.

It really does suck to move to new a country but I'll make this work. There's new creatures to find and study. Most creatures are invisible to a normal human and most wizards but some of us, like me, can see them. I'm not entirely sure why just yet but that's what I'm trying to figure out.

The sun was finally over the horizon so I turned and walked into the forest behind me. The only plan I had was to go as far in as possible and see what I find. I'm already pretty far out but haven't found anything. I sighed and leaned against a tree in the open path.

I opened my satchel and grabbed a book from inside. 'magiske dyr i skogen' the cover was in Norwegian but lucky the inside was English so I could read it. I flipped a few pages and scanned all the different creatures. In a forest like this there should be TONS of them flying around but there's nothing!

I slammed the book closed in agitation. Something here most of scared them all away. Either a must larger creature that I don't know about or human activity. I got off the tree and decided to continue into the over grown woods. I mean it was my job anyway to protect them and study them and it's a little difficult if somethings stopping that.

I got so far in that the brush had started to pull at my boots. I sighed and leaned down to pull the plants off. I froze as I heard a 'click' above me. "stå opp," an unfamiliar voice had said to me. I couldn't understand what they'd said and stayed put. "STAND UP!" I immediately stood with my hands in the air.

"Who are you?" The voice spoke. They seemed panicked by my presence. "(Y/n)," I said still facing away from them. They pressed the barrel of their weapon against my neck causing me to flinch from the cold metal. "(Y/n) what?" They demanded.

"(Y/n) (l/n)," I calmly spoke. "What are you doing out here (y/n), you're miles from any civilization," this guy clearly wasn't playing around. "I could ask you the same thing sir," I stood my ground. I could feel him take his gun off my neck. "Don't move. We're not done here," he spoke again.

I could whistle for a beast but I doubt any will come here. My wand slipped down my jacket sleeve, the only way I could grab it now would be to use my opposite hand. I could hear his gun being tossed around and him messing with something. My heart rate was starting to quicken trying to come up with a plan.

"Alright I'll ask on-," I didn't let him finish as I whipped around, pushed his rifle to the ground, and kicked him in the chest as hard as possible. He fell to the ground below me as I kept my boot on his chest. I stuck my hand down the opposite sleeve and held my wand just in case I needed it.

I could see the man now, caramel colored hair shaped like horns, scars decorated the right side of his face, and he had a blue uniform on. "You're a red army soldier,..." I slipped out. "Something like that," he said and pushed my leg causing me to fall on top of him.

He tried reaching for his gun but I kicked it a few yards into the brush. I growled under his breathe and pulled out a knife from his pocket, holding it to my neck. I pulled out my wand and held it to his in turn.

"A stick? Really?" He mocked me. I sighed and pulled it to the side, around from his neck. I muttered something under my breathe so he couldn't hear. I'll try my luck with the beast or a broom. "Did you really think that was gonna scare me (y/n)?" I looked down at him and didn't move.

"Don't call me that," I said to him. "Oh, my apologies, you can call me red for now," he pushed my shoulder and flipped us so he was holding me down now. He still held the knife to my neck but I try my best to still hold my ground. "Alright, red, what do you want from me?" I asked him.

"Again, what are you doing out here?" He demanded again. I stayed silent and waited. The longer I didn't speak the more he became unnerved. "Fine, don't tell me, but don't think I'm going to just let you walk away," right as he finished his remark a loud 'roar' could be heard in the distance. Red flinched and whipped his head around to find the source of the sound.

The world was silent for a few seconds until a huge zouwu crashed into the snow, knocking us over. It seemed distraught, possibly by the spell I casted. I stood and started shushing it to calm it down. It eventually slowed and stood still.

"What the fuck is that thing?!" Red was still on the ground and seemed very frightened by the creature. "Wait- you can him?" The zouwu laid one the snow and watched red from a distance. "What do you mean?! It a huge loin like creature! How could I not?!" He stared at him.

I thought for a moment, maybe this guy could help me. I whistled as loud as I could then ran at red and bear hugged him. The zouwu took a running start and threw both us on its back before leaping into the air. Red had switched to wrapped himself around my waist and duck his head into my neck as we went airborne.

"What exactly is this thing?!" He yelled out at me. "It's a zouwu! It comes from Chinese mythology! He's really quite wonderful! Like a huge kitten!" Red didn't move and kept his head in place.

The leap the zouwu took was so large when he landed we ended up in walking distance of my cabin. He let us slide off from his side into the snow. "Red, get up," I had to pull him off the ground because he was in so much shock.

"HOW!? This doesn't make sense! Am I dead?!" He tried to take his own pulse on his wrist. "No you're not dead. But I don't think you're human either," I whispered the last part to myself. "What?" He asked.

"Listen, I think there's more to you than you might think," I told him. "So you just took me?" He looked at me. "What? You were going to do the same to me," I looked at him unamused. I turned and started stroking the fur on the zoywus face.

I started walking to my door after awhile and put my wand back in my satchel. "Wait you're just going to leave him there?" Red followed me. "Well yeah, he's free to move how he wants. It's not like anyone else can see him," I opened the door and allowed him in.

The open room had a few different creatures running about but only a few. "Majority of people can't see these creatures, let alone no-majes. Only a very select few of mages can see them," I told him and closed the door behind red.

"No-majes?" He questioned me. "Well their called no majes in the states, but in Great Britain their called muggles. They're normal humans who hold no magical power," I placed my bag on a hook by the door. "You're taking a lot of this quite well, red," I stood by him.

"So this is why you were out there. These creatures," he looked at me. I nodded and ruffled my own hair. "When you say no-majes are you suggesting I might have magical abilities?" He asked. "You ask a lot of questions," I smiled at him.

I walked in and looked through a few creatures, most were sleeping or resting. I found an Occamy resting on one of the chairs. I gently picked it up and handed it to red.

Tord's POV-

I'd never seen any of these creatures before. It's almost a breath of fresh air to see. They handed me a snake and bird like creature that hissed and slithered around my hands. "Be careful, they can grow and shrink depending on the size of their environment," (y/n) warned me.

I won't lie, I love all creatures and this was really amazing to see. "So you're like a mage zoologist?" I asked them. They nodded and held a tiny cat and bird like creature. "And to your question from behind, I do think you're a wizard, either that or a very very special no-maj," they walked back over to their bag and grabbed what I thought was a stick before.

"But there's only one way to find out," they held the wand next to them while the creature curled around their neck and shoulders. I smiled at them and continued to let the creature I was holding slide around my hands.

"I'm in,"