Artist!Reader

Y/n's POV-

My pen glided the across the screen gracefully with each pen stoke. The inbetween frames I had been working on were starting to be a pain in the ass. Why was animation so damn hard? Especially on a time crunch?!? I have three weeks to complete this before the showcase and than a break during marketing.

Even though this was so stressful I was so excited for my boyfriend, Tord, to come to my first animation film feature. I've been working so hard for years trying to get here. I run a very small animation studio of maybe seven people but we get the job done. Each person handles a different role like two people work on all the key frames and another two work on inbetweens.

I unfortunately have every job that's includes directing, writing, drawing, etc. Fun but absolutely draining. Tord's been behind me pushing me since we met in secondary school. He always promised he'd come to my first showing and clap the loudest for me. He was so sweet and caring, that's why I love him.

Back to those frames, I finished my days work and saved it before shutting off my computer. Sighing, I leaned back behind my chair to stretch my back. I stood up to go downstairs and walked briskly down the stairs. Tord was standing in the doorway taking off a black overcoat.

"god kveld kjærlighet," Tord said as he walked up to me. "Tord!" He was interrupted by me just hugging him.

"Ah! Calm down!" He said while laughing at me. My energy at this point was gone and he knew that. "Y/n? How's the film going?"

"It's going good. Just tried from drawing so much,"

"Hmm. When's the showcase?"

"3 weeks then the marketing starts... you'll be there right?"

"Of course y/n! I wouldn't miss it for the world!" He smiled at me. He lifted my chin up to look at him while his hand was on my back. "I promise I'll be there front and center,"

His red and grey eyes looked into my (e/c) ones. "Thank you, Tord," I leaned up as he leaned down to share a tender kiss. His hand cupped my cheek as he held me close. We pulled apart when we needed to breathe again.

"How was work for you?" I asked him afterwards. "Oh- it was fine Just the usual," he seemed kinda nervous. "Being an engineering's gotta be a little interesting. Come on! Spill!" I teased him.

He only let out a small chuckle and ruffled my (h/c) locks. "No, it's pretty boring," he quietly huffed and pecked my forehead. "O-oh,"

"How about we talk about what we're gonna do after the release," he smiled at me, quickly changing the subject.

"Oh! We should go to (f/place)!" I piped up.

He chuckled again at my eagerness. "Ok!ok!," he pat me and laughed more.

"Ya know I'm really proud of you," he leaned over me. I looked up shocked.

No one has ever really said that to me before, let alone Tord. You can just tell he's proud of someone by the way he looks at them but never says it. He's a closed book and if you're lucky he'll show you a few pages.

"Thank you Tord, that means a lot," I simmered down. Tord gave that look, subtle eyes and a small smile. He wasn't lying, he really was proud.

Egh, this is getting way too gushy for my liking-

I quickly threw my hand up and ruffled his fluffy horns and gently threw his head back. I laughed at his surprised squeal and ran back up the stairs into our bedroom. "Y/n!" I heard him yell while chasing after me. I giggled and fell backwards on the bed.