Soulmate!AU

Most people in the world are born with a mark on their body. Some people aren't born with one and sometimes multiple people can be born with the same mark. But most commonly two people are born with same mark in the same spot, thus being soulmates. Being born with a mark doesn't mean you keep it. A person can lose their mark if they lose themselves and they have no memory of what the mark once looked like.

This is unfortunately what happened to the Red Leader. He spent a short time in training and his mark on his left wrist faded over time. Once he became Red Leader the mark completely faded and he couldn't remember if he was even born with one. His second in commands couldn't even remember if he had one.

The mark just faded from existence.

(Y/n)'s POV-

I've lived in London for some time now. I finished secondary school and was ready to move on to what was next. The apartment I moved into was small but was honestly perfect for just me and possibly a pet. Who knows maybe now that I'm on my own I'll meet them, my soulmate. I looked at my left wrist admiring the cartoonish cat.

It made my mind wander on who they'd be as a person. They had to be just as carefree and loving as I was, right? Who else would receive such an adorable mark. My thought were cut short when I heard a knock on the door frame. "Hey (y/n)? Remember you have work tomorrow," my friend Atlas said dropping a cardboard box on the kitchen counter.

"Don't worry! It's pretty hard to forget when you're assigned your first job!" I said full of enthusiasm. "Yes. It is hard to forget. I still remember my first day as a weapons designer," he said leaning against the counter. "I still find it weird they assigned me to build aircrafts,". Atlas hummed and stood back up. "It's getting a bit late, but don't fret over it. They never make mistakes assigning jobs. The same thing happened to me and now I have a weapon I've designed on the frontlines,".

He was right, he designed a canon like gun that was so effective they got sent out to all troops. "I won't and good night Atlas," I smiled as walked out the front door and shutting it. In the midst of my excitement I almost forgot about the war. It's been ongoing from before I was even born, decades before, and I never understood the meaning. All I knew was the war currently was The United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States against The Red Army.

The Red Army has become significantly stronger these last two years and no one knows why. There's suspicion they have a new leader, but if that's true no ones seen what they look like. All the leader's known to wear is a standard uniform with a golden spike helmet. I looked around my apartment nervously when realization hit me. I was now officially about of this war, not as a soldier but as an engineer's apprentice.

I decided it was best to just go to bed and worry about it tomorrow. So I walked from the kitchen to my bedroom and let my body rest on my bed.

_Time skip_

I woke up with a start as my alarm on my phone went off next to me. Groaning I slapped my hand on the screen until it turned off. Getting out of bed and opening my closet I slipped on my boiler suit. It was very dull shade of blue but it's better than red I guess. Finishing with the rest of my morning routine I dragged myself out of my apartment and down the road.

The nice thing was my place is just down the road from the factory so no bus rides. Walking for ten minutes and I was already in the building listening to touches light up and saws in the distance. I walked over to the back and into my bosses office. "Hey there Ms. Sallow. You told me to come in this morning?" I said to get her attention. "Aw (y/n)! Just on time!" She turned to me holding a file. "Yes I did. But no worry we think you'll be able to just jump in with your engineering training," I smiled and fully walked in.