Teen!Reader (part 2)

Y/n's POV-

I've lived with Edd for a few months now for my first year of (dream career) college. In secondary school, Tord and I still fought over dumb things but I haven't seen him since he graduated a year before me. Apparently he moved off to the big city or something after only living with Edd for a few months.

I feel bad for the way I treated him back him then and definitely the punch. I realized how I overreacted in every little scenario. I promised myself if I ever saw him again I'd apologize and make amends.

I parked my car in edd's driveway before getting out and locking the doors. It was late again since I work tonight and they needed me for over time. Yawning I unlocked the front door and walked inside. Everyone must've all gone to bed already. It was silent so that was perfect, I could go to bed too.

I rushed to my bed and quickly wrapped myself in my blankets. Without a second thought I entered a new world.

I was awoken by yelling and crashing downstairs. I groaned and looked at my clock. 2pm? That's odd. I don't normally sleep that long. Pulling the covers off of me I walked downstairs in pajamas. "Hey what's going on?" I asked. "Fine! You want my room!? Take it! This place is too crowded anyways!" Tom Stormed passed me out the front door.

"Uh-..." I looked over at them. All three of them were just as shocked as I was. Wait- three? "Tord?" Looking at him. "Y/n?" He asked back. "What are you doing here?" I questioned. "I'm moving back in!" He smiled at me. That's- weird... "oh I forgot to tell you y/n!" Edd piped up.

"I think you forgot to tell all of us," I looked at him. Silence fell over the room. No one really knew what to say. "You wanna watch the new pirates from hell movie Tord?" Matt broke in. "Of course!" Tord chimed to Matt. "What about you y/n?" Edd looked at me.

"I think I'll pass for now," I walked upstairs without waiting for a response. I didn't expect him to come back so soon. There's no way he accomplished his goals in such a short time. Until he's come back for a different reason. Ugh that doesn't matter right now. I made myself a promise, I'm not just gonna back down now. I just need to give myself time to think this through.

(A week later)

Winter break has started now and I plan to use this time to fix things. I plan to ask him to come with me to get a new pet or something. Just going to do something that will cause him to help me make a decision. Maybe that's the best way to talk to him or not-... I'm not sure. Ok getting a new kitten! Edd said it was fine since he has ringo.

"Hey. Tord?" I gently knocked on his door and opened it. "Y/n? Do you need something?" He said in his accent. "Uh- yeah I wanted you to come help me pick out a new kitten." I said quietly. He leaned back his chair slightly as if he was thinking. "Sure," he smirked at me. He ushered me downstairs and to my car in the driveway.

"What kind of cat are you looking for?" He asked me suspiciously. "I'm not entirely sure. That's why I asked you to come. You always seemed to have a good eye for things," I cringed at my unsure words. "Hmm. I guess will just have to see what they have at the shelter," he responded.

A another silence fell between us so I took this opportunity. "I-... I also wanted to apologize for the way I treated you in secondary school. You didn't deserve that," I ate my own words. He didn't say anything at first which scared me. He paused and let himself collect my regretful words.

"I forgive you. But only under one condition," he smiled at me as I drove down the street. "Which is?" I Continued looking at the road like a civilized human being. "I want us to be friends, to start hanging out," he finally said. My breath hitched. That was not what I was expecting.

"You have yourself a deal, Hughes," I said to him as I pulled us into the animal shelter. We both unbuckled and walked inside. The building was white and had clear, large cages lining the walls. A young woman came up to us holding a clipboard. "Hello. Any pet you wanted to meet today?" She asked. "We actually don't have anyone in mind. We just wanted to meet a few kittens and take one home," I said sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Oh that's no problem! Follow me!" She cheerfully said them started walking to a room with a glass door. Once inside she closed the door behind us and just let them all loose. Probably around twenty kittens were circling the room. We were sitting on some chairs near the door it wasn't so bad. "Wow- um- that's a lot-," I heard snickering beside me.

I elbowed Tord in the side which didn't shut him up. He grabbed a teaser toy near his foot and started flailing the string around which got the attention of a few of them. None of them seemed very interested in meeting us until a tiny ball of fur walked up to Tord. The kitten barely jumped up the seat onto his lap and curled up in ball.

Tord's POV-

The kitten fell asleep on my lap. It brown and white fur rose and fell silently with each breathe. "Hey y/n. Look." They reached their hand over and scratched him behind the ear. "Aww. He's so cute," they whined our. You're cute.. wait what-... Ah fuck it at this point.

"Here," I said while picking him up and handing him to them. They gently held his body like a baby against their chest. "He's so precious," they whined again. Are you sure about that? I shook my head and snickered again. "I think he's the one. What do you think Tord?" They looked up at me. "Yeah. You clearly like each other," I raffled their hair.

It weirdly adorable how much they changed in a short amount of time. They went from someone who insulted me to asking what I thought about kittens. The lady from before had us fill out a form from her clipboard. It was normal stuff like about how many pets we already have and what we thought of declawing. We waited for her to come back with the tiny heap of fur after checking him.

"What are you gonna name him?" I asked them. "Oh- I didn't think about it," y/n looked up at me while we were in the main lobby again. "I think you should pick actually," they piped up again. "Really?" I looked down at them. "Yeah! He came to you first anyway," they finished off. I stood for a second thinking.

What do you even name a kitten? Sven? Jørgen? No- oh I know! I leaned in right next to their neck almost touching them. "How about mori?" They froze up and blushed madly. "O-oh?" They stuttered at me. I leaned my face in against their neck fully and nuzzled them. "You're so cute~," I whispered to them.

"AHh-," they pushed me away and their face became even more red. "I think socks works!" They tried to change the subject. I chuckled at them in their embarrassed state. The woman came back out holding a cardboard box with holes on the side. "Here you guys go. You're all set," y/n took the box in one hand and walked out with me behind them.

We walked back to their vehicle and got back in. "Here you should hold him while I drive," they started handing the box to me. Before they could pull away I pecked them on the forehead. They screeched and covered their face while I laughed beside them.

(Time skip)

We were now seated on the floor in y/n's room trying to get socks comfortable in his new surroundings. He was small while curled up in a large comforter. "It won't happen immediately so give him time," I said to them while they waved a teaser toy away. Socks had his eyes on the feather in the air but he was too afraid to jump for it.

"Aw poor baby. Maybe I should feed him?" They looked at me. "Definitely it's almost 10 pm," I handed them a can of wet food. They popped the top off and put it in front of him. He sat for a second not sure what to do with it. He got the memo after y/n shook it a bit. He smacked on the food while I slipped behind y/n and wrapped my arms around their waist. "He-ey!" They started. I shushed them.

"I've changed my mind on the deal," I placed my chin on top of their head. "Whi-which is?" They stuttered out. "We should go on a date instead~," I purred to them. "Do I have to-," they didn't really retaliate like usual. "Yes absolutely," I turned them around while they yawned to lean against my chest.

"Sleep now. I clean this up after he's done," I whispered to them. I rubbed circles on their back as they closed their eyes and slowly fell asleep. I hummed into their hair smiling. "I love you y/n, please don't forget that, I always have," I sternly said kissing the top of their head.

A/n: damn it's pretty obvious at this point cats are my favorite animal :|