Prince!Tord

Y/n's POV-

My heart raced as I rode my rode horse as fast as she could run. "HA! We really threw them off silver!" Sure I was being cocky at this point but come on! Who wouldn't after robbing a King's guard.

We stopped to rest after knowing we lost them. My heart was racing so fast I had to caught my breathe. I jumped down from sliver's back onto the thin dirt road. "We better be careful from this point on and avoid that kingdom for awhile," I pat the side of her neck carefully.

The thick forest around us was silent besides the occasional bird singing and branch swing. I smiled at the peace and started walking opposite the way we came from. Sliver followed along at her own pace behind me.

After awhile of walking in a straight line, the sun started to set and the clouds glowed red. Interesting color to say the least but still comforting. I sighed and decided to stop walking after running through nothing but brush and trees.

We ended up near a cliff side looking over a lake which had a perfect of the sunset and the distant kingdom.

"Huh, I thought we would've been farther away by now but I guess not," I huffed and fell the ground in exhaustion. I stared at the castle and it's large city for a second, wondering what it would be like in there. The longer I stared the less I felt bad for robbing them.

"They really think they sit on top of the world just because their castle is higher than the surrounding land," I growled at the thought knowing the king for who he was.

Our past experiences were horrible and I never wanted to remember how he treated me and the others who worked there. It still surprises me how the kingdom grew in such a short time after I left, almost like a world power.

I huffed again as I heard the sound of silver walking up behind me. I turned back as she shook her head, falling over to roll in the dirt. "No time to stay clean huh?" I called to her, immediately feeling better. She continued for a second before stopping and standing back up.

I chuckled at her and her ability to make me feel better, even if she didn't know it. Looking back at the massive castle I noticed the sun just falling below the horizon and the world around me darkened, not completely but enough for the stars to shine brightly above us.

"Ya know this makes me wonder, what exactly does the future have in store for us?" I asked sliver. Of course I didn't get a response beside a quiet groan from her. I chuckled to myself and pulled out my long sword before sitting down next to her.

The sword was one I had stolen from the king a long time ago, it was a detailed sword with a red, black, and white color scheme. It was definitely a family heirloom because of slim details and shiny red gemstones, but that didn't make me feel any less guilty.

I laid it down next to me so I could lay on the ground and stare at the stars once again. Each one told its own story and after awhile I slowly fell asleep thinking about each and every one of them.

It wasn't long before I was rudely awaken by the sound of human footsteps coming from behind me. I quickly grabbed the sword and jumped up off the ground. The sun was just barely beginning to rise and gave the environment a golden hue.

Sliver whined while I stood behind a tree and looked into the thick brush.

Nothing.

I didn't see anyone or anything that could've made that noise. It was just birds again and the occasional wind. I poked my head out in confusion and immediately saw a sword come my way.

I jumped back with a surprised groan and rolled across the dusty dirt. I landed on my side and sat up to look at my attacker.

"I honestly thought you'd be harder to find since no one else was able to, and yet here you are! Almost sitting in my path," he spoke with clean voice, as if he rehearsed this. He didn't give me much time to look at him before he threw his sword downwards at me.