Experiment!Reader

(Really the start of experiment, not the actual experiment or an escaped experiment, so part 1 maybe??)

Y/n's POV-

It's been several months than the incident with Tord. I trusted him so much and he destroyed our lives in a single second. I've been sick from stress ever since and it's destroying me too.

My hand swiped from side to side as I cleaned the glass case in the coffee shop. The light rain and running machines soothed my thoughts. Cleaning up after a long day of costumers and brewing coffee was the best to me. It's a state of calmness I don't get to experience elsewhere.

I took a deep breath and dropped the towel in a sink behind the back. When I was done I took off my brown apron and flipped over the open sign to closed. Most coffee shops around here close at 7 pm, but we close closer to 9 pm.

Opening the front door the rain fell on my face and the dark cold air brushed by me. I locked the door and finally left. My walk through London wasn't exactly peaceful but I wasn't bothered. My apartment building wasn't far and my neighbors were out to greet me.

"Y/n! You're back safe!" Edd called out as he rushed towards me. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked him. "Things have been getting a little violent around centarl London, I'm afraid it may start in other places too," he sounded concerned.

I thought for a second before my chest started to burn a bit and I instinctively coughed. I slammed my arm over my mouth and grabbed my hoodie. Edd hugged me and waited it out with me. This wasn't unusual, it's basically our routine. Every night I go into these coughing fits that seem to only get worse. It started out as headaches, but I'm now seeing my symptoms increase with my chest inflammation, light headedness, fevers, etc. I've talked to doctors but none can find out what's wrong with me.

It's just summed up to my stress and given meds to stimulate my brain. I hate it but i don't really have a choice. I'm tired and my body aches.

Edd slid his back down the wall, embracing me. I didn't stop him, I didn't want to be alone right now. His hand held the back of my hoodie as I continued to cough. My cough got stronger each time and I felt like my body was going to shut down from the pain. Tears brimmed in my eyes as I rested my head on Edd's shoulder.

After awhile my cough faded out, but my chest pain was started to spread. "Y/n, maybe we should take you to the Hospital...," Edd spoke up quietly. I shook my head as I cried. I hate this pain but I hate medical procedures more. Edd responded by hugging me tighter and putting his head in my neck.

_Time skip_

Nothing much changed these past two weeks but somethings definitely different. I can't quite explain it but my body's just different. I pressed down on a lever to fill a small ceramic mug with espresso.

"Hey you seem better recently!" I looked over and saw my co-worker, Ivory, smiling at me. "Yeah, my chest pain is still there but I'm feeling a little better," I smiled back. I poured a syrup in the espresso and moved along the counter to top it with a frothed milk. "You know you can pour the syrup in the milk for a stronger taste," she said.

"Yeah, but I like making the coffee more mild," I told her. She nodded and continued making another drink. When I was done I put the cup on a saucer plate and slid the drink on the pick up counter. I looked over and watched a group of three guys walk in.

Didn't think much of it, I mean costumers come in groups all the time. They sat down at an open table in the coffee shop so I waited by the register. "Hey ivory, three," I kept my heads up vague as she slid another drink where mine once was. "Okay let me know when they order," she said. I nodded and waited.