Blind!Reader

Y/n's POV-

The sky was burning red and the sound of gunfire made my ears ring. I'd never been in a real battle before but this was so much more terrifying than I could've ever imagined.

Generals were yelling orders across the field but I couldn't hear them anymore. My fellow soldiers were dropping like animals the moment they set foot on the ground. I'd been shot a few times and I'd fallen in a trench on the frontlines.

Everyone else in here was dead or dying. I couldn't breathe anymore, everything hurt and I couldn't move. The fact I'm still conscious is beyond me. I looked to my right when I heard a muffled clank.

I looked at ground and saw a container that had been thrown from the other side. It took me a second to process but I was too late anyway. Whatever it was exploded and it's contents splattered everywhere, including in my eyes.

Every part of me it touch burned severely. I wanted to scream in pain but I couldn't find the energy to even do that. I cried through my clamped eyes until I couldn't feel anything anymore.

:Time Skip:

I eventually could feel again and when I did it was really cold. I couldn't process any thought coherently still. My body didn't burn as much and the pain was bearable. I sucked in as much air as I could and sat up.

I tried to take in my surroundings but I couldn't, I couldn't see anything. The world was pitch black to me now. I started shaking and panicking without a thought.

"(L/n)! Please calm down!" A muffled voice said next to me. I snapped my neck in that direction but still saw nothing. "W- where are you! Who are you!" I blurted out.

Whoever they were pushed my shoulders back down onto a plush surface. I didn't have the energy to fight back so I just drew a sharp breath.

"You've suffered serious injuries, please just relax so your body can heal what it can," they said again. I started to calm down and let my body relax. I shut my eyes and let my tears fall.

Tord's POV-

I couldn't help but feel bad for them. They were just a rookie and held so much potential. If it wasn't for that damned Blue Army they would've had a chance.

I never expected myself to become good friends with a rookie but (y/n) had so much character to them. I loved being around them and found myself thinking about them a lot.

When I heard they'd found their body in a frontline trench I felt devastated, maybe even a little guilty. Now they're here shaking in fear because they're confused and scared.

The doctor tried their best to help them but nothing seemed to help. Their eyes were glossy and their pupils were colorless from the chemical that exploded next to them. We aren't sure if (y/n) will ever regain their sight but there's still hope.

They finally laid back down on the bed and the doctor left with a sigh. I could hear their small sniffles and whimpers while walking closer. My injuries were pretty bad but they weren't my first but I couldn't imagine having this happen to me.

I sat down in a chair next to their bed and caressed their arm. "Hey, it's me (y/n)," I smiled at them. They didn't move and continued to sniffle in front of me. I sighed and leaned against the bed railing, watching them.

We first met on accident when they got lost and didn't realize who I was. It happened so often we just started hanging out and became friends. We acted like a couple and I intended to make it official and ask them, but then the war broke loose and I never got the chance.

Now we're here and I still don't think I'll get that chance. "Tord?" They asked. I sat up and looked at them. "Yes?" I asked. "What's happening?" They responded.

"Nothing good I'm afraid, (n/n)," I told them. The stayed quite and stared at the ceiling.the only sound was the AC by the window.

"Will I get my sight back," they quietly said. I thought for a second and looked at the door. "It's a possibility but we don't know yet," I said caressing their cheek this time.

They closed their eyes once more and stayed quite this time. "I'm so sorry elskling," I finally said.

(Time Skip)

It's been a month now and they've left the medical wing. They've only particularly regain their sight but are still considered blind. They can see lights, shadows, and silhouettes without any detail. They stayed by my side this entire month and even moved into my room.

Which as weird as it is was also comforting for me to see them still. They still panic from time to time and run into things. "(Y/n)! Wait!" I'd yell but it'd be too late and they'd run into a table.

They can actually move around on their own they're just reckless. "(Y/n) what are you doing?" I asked watching them stand in front of a wall. "Waiting," They responded. I squinted at them in confusion.

"For what exactly?" I asked and leaned over my desk. A second later the door to my office opened and (y/n) threw their body against it, slamming it shut again. "THAT!" They yelled and laughed.

"(Y/N)!" I could hear Pat yell from the other side. "Still playing games, huh? I smiled at them while they held the door shut. They smiled and looked in my general direction but not at me directly.

Pat managed to push the door open and pushed (y/n) to the side. I chuckled and stood up and walked over to them. (Y/n) had their arm slightly sticking out so they didn't hit anything. I places my hands on their shoulders so they didn't have to worry.

"Here sir," Pat said and handed me a tan folder. I hummed and took it from him. "How are your eyes?" Pat asked. I looked at him unamused. "Pretty blurry but alright I guess," they responded.

"That's- good?" He said it more like a question. "Alright get out," I said and he left. I huffed and pulled (y/n) towards my desk. "Is it really that important?" they asked. "What?" I said sitting down and pulling them with me.

"My sight," They looked up at me. "No. You're still (y/n) at the end of the day, but it's really up to you not me," I ruffled their hair. They groaned and slapped my hand away. "Yeah you're right," they said and leaned against my chest.

I pecked their forehead and opened the folder on the desk. "What is that anyway?" (Y/n) leaned forward. "It's supposed to be battle plans and Blue Army information but it's pretty useless right now," I sighed and leaned over them, resting my head on theirs.

They giggled underneath me as I weighed down on them. "Hmm what time is it?" I looked over at the clock on my wall. "Don't ask me," They said and pushed my face up. "Well it's 7pm we should probably head out anyway," I sighed and pushed my head back down.

They semi growled below me but didn't fight back. I wrapped my arms around them and started attacking them with kisses. They yelled out at me pushed my face away. "NO! EW! Are all Norwegians like this!?" They called out.

"Oh yes we're very affectionate (y/n)," I said sarcastically and held them closer. They made a disgusted face and stuck out their tongue. "Yuck!" They shook their head. I laughed at their lack of enthusiasm.

"I love you (y/n)," I accidentally slipped out. We both froze from a second. "Yeah, I figured," they turned around and pecked my cheek with a kiss. "Wow-," I spit out trying not to laugh again. "Shut up!" They said and furrowed their eyebrows. I calmed down and leaned down to kiss them.

We collided for what felt like a minute until they pulled away. They were completely red and fell against my chest again. I snorted and rubbed their back.

"Stop laughing at me!" They growled out but it only caused me to laugh harder.