Bandit!Tord (part 2)

(Y/n)'s POV-

I sat up and coughed. My throat was dry and I had a hard time breathing for a second. I turned my head and look at the ceiling. My (h/c) locks fell behind my face as I scan my surroundings.

It was a dark and dusty room, clearly hadn't be used in a while. I coughed again and heaved while accidentally breathing in dust. I growled and tried to stand up but something was holding me down.

I tried again to loosen the ropes while tugging my hands upwards. The thing I managed to do was burn my wrist slightly. My heavy coat wasn't helping me either since it was so bloody hot here.

I gave up and threw my head back down. It wasn't even a second later when a door in front of me was pushed open. Light flooded the room and burned my eyes. I closed them and listened to the footsteps walking closer.

"God kveld, (y/n)," I knew who it was without looking. My eyes adjusted and I looked at the man kneeling in front of me. I growled at the sight him and tried to jump forward but the rope kept me back.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE LEE!" I yelled at him. Tord only smirked while holding a lantern. "I guess I would call myself the king of bandits but it's really up to you (l/n)," he said.

"You're a criminal and my entire job is to lock you up," I snarled. "Yes, it's unfortunate it maybe we could that, ...together," he grinned wider at me.

"And what makes you think that!" I kept my voice low while talking to him. "I have my ways, and besides what's sheriff Thomson gonna do without his little deputy," he said in a mocking voice.

"He's probably out looking for me now,"

"Hmm I wouldn't be too sure (y/n),"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Do you think we're still in spitbucket? We're miles away now and I know he's not that desperate to find you," he chuckled. My eyes widen at the thought.

Would Thomson really abandon me? No! That's ridiculous!

"You're a liar!" I snarled again. "I'm sorry (y/n) but you have to admit I'm right about this," he frowned. "Thomson's never appreciated your ideas and never saw you for your worth like I did!" He growled this time.

He was kinda right, he never really did. When we would stay at the bar he'd shoot down my ideas and only saw me as a second. Tord would always combat him and tell him to appreciate me more. As strange as it was you couldn't argue with him on this one.

"No! NO! no...," my voice faded during my realization as I shut my eyes. I tried to hold back my tears the best I could but some escaped. "Oh (n/n) I'm sorry but at least you have me now," Tord shushed me and placed his hands on my cheeks to caress them.

Every bit of confidence I had faded then as I cried. It seemed he broke me without even trying. I started to calm down while listening to Tord's whispers.

Was he really as bad as we made him out to be? Probably. He killed his own because they shot me. Why do I suddenly hate him... less?

His hands slipped off my face as he leaned over me. I heard the sound of something being cut then my hands became loose. He pulled back and offered me his hand.

I hesitated for a second but decided to take it. He pulled me to my feet as I tumbled. He caught me and held me to his chest. "Careful you been out for quite awhile, you might have a bit of trouble walking," he said into my hair.

I could feel my face heat up at how close he was now. He propped a hand upper the bend of my knees and threw me up, carrying me bridal style. He walked back through the door and carried me down a flight of stairs to a kitchen area.

He set me down on a wooden chair and walked away. I looked over at the window and realized we were alone, for miles. I felt my heart beat faster as I tried to stand again.

"Ah ah ah, you know you can't walk just yet, sit back down kjære," he said and pushed my shoulders down, forcing me to sit down again. He placed a cup of water in front of me.

"I heard you coughing up there, drink up," he said and sat next to me. I grabbed the cup and started drinking it's contents. I didn't stop until I got to the bottom then stopped to catch my breathe.

I looked over at him and thought once more about what he said. Thomson wasn't mean to me because he didn't find me useful, it was because his desperation to find Tord. I need to find him.

Tord smiles at me again. "Good, i have some business to handle with my men so please excuse me and don't bother trying to run. This place is filled with people who work for me," he pat my head and walked away.

Shit! What do I do now?!

Surely I could steal a horse and see how far I could run but what will do if they catch me? I sighed and threw my head in for hand. I jumped at the sound of a gun shot in the room just down the hall.

I forced my body up and tried my best to walk down the hallway. I didn't make it too far before Tord walked back out. He caught me walking towards him as a few people walked out the same door.

"Sir! You didn't answer us!" One of them said to him. He snapped around and grabbed them by the collar and held the gun below their chin. "ANYONE who defies my orders is useless! Do you want to be next?!" He yelled at them.

Everyone stayed silent while he glared daggers at the first person. "Tord," I quietly said, hoping he'd stop. He sighed and dropped them. "All of you, outside now," they all ran out the door past me.

He turned to when they were gone. His eyes didn't show anything but he was definitely pissed about something. "What did I tell you?" He quizzed me. "To not move?" I answered him.

He sighed and walked towards me, picking me up once more. "I think it's best if you stay upstairs for now," he said while turning into a different room from before. He dropped me on the bed and looked me in the eye.

"Stay," he said then caressed my face. "I don't need getting any farther involved," he said and planted a kiss on my forehead before leaving. He closed the door and I heard him lock it from the outside.

I really need to get out of here and find Thomson he'll know what to do...