Soulmate!AU

(AU: Meter of how dangerous your soulmate is)

Tord's POV-

I spun in my chair bored and thinking. We've been planing to invade for a while now and the plan is supposed to be carried out tomorrow. But I can't help but worry because the meter on my left arm. Every person I've met has at least a little of the box filled, but my meter is completely empty.

I can't even imagine what theirs look like. Usually a meter would be about a fourth full but clearly my soulmate isn't one to fight or fight back, which is worrisome. I can only hope they don't live in any of the places we're going tomorrow.

(Y/n)'s POV-

The rain was heavy out and the sky was completely dark. I knew I should've left my parents house earlier but they insisted I stay longer. But it's fine, it's not like I live too far away.

Though I still jump at every little sound around me. This part of England is the strangest of places at night. I saw the bus stop straight ahead so I sprinted there. Once I reached the bench I sat down, happy to get out of the rain.

I sat there and waited.

And waited longer.

Until I realized something wasn't right.

The bus usually runs all night and it should've been here ten minutes ago. I sighed in defeat and leaned my back against the bench. My damp hair stuck to my face but I didn't bother to remove it.

I raised my left arm above my head to look at it. My sleeve fell slightly and I could see the meter.

The full meter.

I remember my parents being worried about it when I was younger. I never understood it and I don't think I ever will.

I mean who's so dangerous their soulmate has a full meter?

And what does it even mean? What exactly makes them so dangerous anyway?

I sighed again and threw my arm back down. The rain was still hitting against the cover above me. As much as I knew something was wrong out here I didn't think too much about it.

It's such a small town and the crime rate was super low so I didn't care. I groaned in boredom and threw my head forward while pulling out my phone. The screen turned on and burned my eyes a bit.

Once I adjusted to the brightness I tapped into (f/app) and started scrolling around, seeing what my friends were up to. The farther I scrolled the more warnings popped up.

"Stay indoors tonight"

"Warning from the government"

"Reframe from leaving sheltered areas"

What? How am I only just seeing this now. what exactly should I be afraid of anyway? I scoffed and put my phone away once again. I doubt the bus is coming now so I better walk.

I stood up and made my way up the street again. Everything was so silent and the only sound was swaying tree branches, mild wind, and some heavy rain.  The farther I got from the bus stop the darker it became.

BOOM!

The ground shook beneath me as I fall to the ground. My heart beat was becoming rapid and I felt myself shake. I'm not entirely sure what that was but I know it was an explosion somewhere in the distance. My breathe hitched as I stood back up and ran as fast as I could to my apartment.

Nothing else followed and when I reached halfway I stopped to catch my breathe. The winds were now picking up and the rain got even heavier. I could hear footsteps approaching me from behind.