Bandit!Tord

(Y/n)'s POV-

I've lived in spitbucket for quite a few years now. In those years I've become best friends with the sheriff of this town. Sheriff Thomson was a Stern man drowned in stress from his recent bandit problems. Especially with the man at the top of the chain, Tord Lee, the worst of them all. Thomson made it his life's mission to arrest him and brought me aboard.

I've only come face to face with Tord a couple of times and yeah he's definitely annoying. A flirty fuck who thinks he can get all the guys and girls, which he fails at a lot. But I didn't expect him to be the bartender at the saloon we made plans at together. He hid behind the title Todd and completely fooled everyone. Every plan we'd ever made there went right to him. No wonder we were never able to catch him, it's only a game to him.

"Sheriff! Look!" I slapped the wanted poster on his desk. "(Y/n), how does this help?" He said sliding it aside. "This man is bound to know Tord!" I stated putting it back in front of him. "I'm sorry, but I'm sure this guy is already in Sliver City," Thomson scrunched up the poster. I groaned in annoyance and fell back into a wooden chair.

"If it bothers you so bad keep an eye out for him. My focus is on a different man,". I sighed in defeat, he was right. We can't chase every bandit hoping they know something about Tord. The scratching of the fountain pen was distracting me from my thoughts. "What are you writing anyway?" I asked leaning forward. "A letter to the mayor before we leave tomorrow,".

"Yeah I forgot about that. Any worries?". Thomson only shrugged putting the pen down. "As Long as the public didn't find out about the gold being transferred we have nothing to worry about," he smiled towards me. We both stood up after he sealed the letter and handed it to me. "Make sure this gets to him safely now," he stated. "I will sheriff," putting my hat on and leaving.

/Time skip\

Thomson's POV-

We boarded the train early this morning and now we're just waiting to leave. All we had to do was patrol the train and stop potential bandits. Easy right? (Y/n) already sent the letter to the mayor yesterday, addressing rumors. Hopefully they're true so we catch this bastard. "(Y/n), how are the back carriages?" I asked sitting down by a window. "All set Thomson," they sat beside me.

I nodded and knocked on the wall to signal the conductors. This whole train ride is for the most part fake. The gold is real, just with an added plan of catching Tord. "How long do you think they'll take," (y/n) asked me. Sighing for a second to wait for the train to move. "I doubt long now,". The train was in full Motion.

People sat along the coach peacefully having no clue what's gonna happen. It's a bit of a shame to ruin their day so early, but that's the price we pay. The whistle blew once we entered a valley filled with cattle. Now we wait.

(Y/n) pulled their gun out after about an hour. It was only an estimate of when they'd show up judging by his past robberies. The cattle would be a perfect escape if planned correctly. (Y/n) sat in confidence next to me with their gun up their sleeve. They were overly prepared for this and so was I.

The horn blew again after five minutes and that's when the knocking started. "Ready (y/n)?" I asked while standing up.

"As I'll ever be," they smiled and followed in pursuit.

We ran to the door in the back of the coach and into the next room right where we caught two of Tord's goons waving their guns around. "Hey!" I called out. Then ducked behind a seat and we began our shoot out. (Y/n) shoot the one to right quite quickly and left the other for me.

They continued to shoot holes around the seat barely passing (y/n) a few times. I threw myself above the seat and shot, striking them right in the heart. They fell over with a groan and we took off once again.

"Everyone to the front now!" I yelled out to the citizens left. They pursued back to front where we came from. "Reckon he's in the back sir?" (Y/n) held their hat as we opened the train door and a gust of wind hit us.

"Must likely. He'd never face us first, the coward!" I looked at them and chuckled. They laughed as well and then kicked the next door down. The next coach only had three bandits and no citizens.

We didn't pay them any mind and open fired. (Y/n) shot the second one after I shot the first. Only this time the third guy shot and struck (y/n) in the leg. They fall down shouting next to me. "(Y/N)!" I shouted and continued aiming towards them.

"Now, now, lets not get too hasty," Tord suddenly walked into the coach. He was dressed all fancy in a red trench coat with gold accents. He was also armed with a sliver revolver that had craved symbols around the chamber. "You bastard! Is this what you wanted?!" I pointed my gun towards him now.

He stopped to analyze the situation. His eyebrows furrowed at the sight of (y/n) on the ground, curled holding their wound in pain. "No, actually it's not. That wasn't the orders I gave out," Tord lifted his gun towards the other bandit and shot him clear in the head.

I felt my heart pace pick up as they fall to the ground. He really had the guts to kill his own? Why? I could hear (y/n) started to breathe a little heavier at the sight. I quickly put myself between them and Tord. "Seeming as they can't follow simple orders, they're useless, but this could work," he smiled looking down at (y/n).

"YOU FUCK!," (y/n) yelled out holding their thigh.

"Now move aside Thomason".

(Y/n)'s POV-

Tom continued to hold his ground and fired towards him only Tord was quicker. Tord jumped forward and twisted Tom's arm sideways. He screamed out in pain and when he was caught off guard, Tord body slammed him against the wall. "TOM!" I yelled out.

His body fall to the ground as he groaned in agony. I knew Tord thought highly of himself but I didn't think it was to this level. "Now, (y/n)-," I cut him off by grabbing a piece of broken wood and throwing it at him. I dodged and looked me dead in the eye.

They almost seemed to glow red in the dim lighting. "(Y/n) I know this could seem to be a shocker to you but-..." he started to walk closer to me, stepping over bodies and broken train parts. "STOP!" I yelled out, backing away.

"This was never about that fake gold ya know," he finally was able to reach me, backed up against a wall. My teeth were clenched in fear when he leaned down got face to face with me. "This was about you," my eyes diluted and I instinctively used my uninjured to kick while the sun don't shine as hard as possible.

He leaned over me and partially screamed in pain. I pushed off me to the ground and limped over to Thomason. "Tom! Tom!" I shook his shoulder as he sobbed. He held his side which was enough to tell me his rib was broken pretty badly. "(Y/n), I'm fine. We need to get out of here," he grabbed my hand and tried to stand up.

While picking him up, neither of us noticed Tord's fast approach. He kicked Tom by the ribs back onto the ground and put me into a chokehold. "Ya know This would've been handled better if you just listened to what I had to say," Tord whispered down in my ear as I whimpered.

My breathe was failing me and I couldn't see very well anymore. "Please," I whispered, almost in a begging manner. He only shushed me as I felt my body fall into his and the world around me faded to black.