Red Soldier!Reader (part 1?)

Y/n's POV-

I've been in the red army for only a little while, maybe four or five months. I'm only really here because I was desperate to get away from my old life in my old hometown and everything that overwhelmed me than. But now I'm starting to have second thoughts about being here. I don't know anyone here because they're all so aggressive or petty. I mean Pau and Par are nice but they're highly ranked officials here, it's basically an unspoken rule to stay away from them.

I'm still just a rookie so I don't do too much, just train when I'm scheduled to and do the odd job I'm assigned. I'd been assigned to organize some papers in a storage room where Red Leader kept the papers he didn't need in his office. Speaking of the Red Leader I've never actually met the guy. From the way I've heard people describe him, I don't think I'd ever want to.

A tigger happy sociopath with no regard for his employees, through and through. Heard he'd purposed Harmed those who annoyed him threatening them, physically harming them, or in some extremely cases sending them to the medical wing with no remorse. So yeah I hope I never have to be near him or speak to him.

I cringed at my thoughts while stacking the last pile of papers. I stood up and walked in front of the desk, than picked up the stack of papers. I looked at each wall that was lined with filing cabinets, trying to remember which one they went into.

My eyes scanned each one before I find it and walked over. The door to the small office was opened slowly as I opened the cabinet. "I hate to interrupt, but I was hoping you had a file Red himself requested," I turned and looked at Pat who stood in the doorway.

We didn't know each other but I admired him for being professional but fun at the same time. " yes, Lieutenant, what are the files?" It caught me off guard but I tried to stay calm. "The ally files, uh-..." he said while looking at me.

"Oh it's L/n, Sir," I Said politely while pointing at my name tag. "Yes of course! Y/n! I remember you," it was a small statement but it made me smile. "As for the ally files, that might be the ones I was about to put these in?" I remarked, still holding the stack of papers.

"I'm done anyway so you can look all you need sir," I smiled as I closed the drawer I had opened. I walked over and handed him the stack. "Here this might be a start," he grabbed them and flipped through the papers. "Thank you, l/n. I appreciate it, have a good day" I nodded in agreement, with a quick 'you too!'. he smiled at me as I walked out and closed the door while he stayed in the room.

I sighed, dropping the smile, knowing I needed to go back to my room and check what job I had next. It's tiring but necessary for the red army as a whole. The hallways really seemed endless until I got to my room and walked inside. A small room but comfortable, especially since it's a single room, so no roommate.

I go over and sit at my desk turning on my old computer. Wasn't worth much, but it's gets the job done I guess. It finally boot up and I could view the rest of my tasks for the week.

Monday
-night watch (10pm-6am)
Tuesday
-night watch (10pm-6am)
Wednesday
-night watch (10pm-6am)
Thursday
-night watch (10pm-6am)
Friday
-night watch (10pm-6am)

Oh come on! Every single night! Are you kidding me?! It's the hardest job too! I covered my face in agony, wanting to cry. It's an 8 hour job, with really no breaks and the whole base becomes your responsibility. Every that can and will go wrong is blamed on the night guard. Again I've only been here for like five months, I haven't been trained for this!

I groaned into my palms and slid down my office chair. I sat there for a bit, allowing myself to pity myself before sitting back up. I mean it's can't be all bad, I mean at least the halls will be empty and dimmed. No one will be around so that's okay I guess. I sighed and decided to sleep before my shift. Crawling into the soft sheets after changing my clothes. I cuddled up as close to my comforter as possible before falling asleep.