Medical!reader

(Y/N)'s POV-

I've been working along side my mother as a medical assistant since we both started working in the red army. The last thing I expected was to be red leader's personal nurse... for a bit-

"Mom?" I called out walked down the white hallway. She stopped and turned towards me. "Oh! Just in time (y/n)!" She smiled. I ran up right next to her as I adjusted my red hoodie sleeves to be more comfortable under my lab coat. "I need you to give medication to a new patient," she pointed down a hallway to a door by a large window.

I was a little confused since those were rooms reserved for higher rankings. But either way I had a job to do. "So what's your job gonna be?" I looked back at her. "Oh, no, I won't be helping you this time," she started. "They needed the best when it came to this and it so happened you're the best medical assistant," she finished. "But I'm the only medical assistant," I pointed at myself. She was already gone by then.

"Oh..." I lowered my hand. Looking back towards the hallway I started walking there. Standing by the door was a tall doctor holding a clipboard. "You're (y/n)?" He said looking down at me. "Yes sir," I responded. He grumbled slightly before opening the door slowly before telling me any info. "Just follow my lead kid," he slouched over walking in the room. He shoved the clipboard in my face before I could see the patient.

"Good Morning sir. We're just gonna start with pain killers for your arm," he said while I pulled the board down. Those I absolutely didn't expect to see RED LEADER. Oh god- well I don't know about this. I froze in place while the doctor tried to hand me a syringe. After a second I got the hint and took it from him.

Looking at red leaders wound I could tell he needed more than this needle was holding. His arm seemed to be ripped to shreds and unmovable while it was stretched away from his body. The top right side of his body was also ripped but not as bad as his arm. The doctor handed me the clipboard so I could read red's info and instructions. It seemed the needle I was holding was filled with Ketorolac and needed to be injected in the upper shoulder.

I walked over and set the board on the table beside the bed. "Uh- hello red leaD-!" I stopped myself when he turned towards me with a glare right as I was leaning over the bed. "UM!" I pulled myself back and he didn't move a bit. "Just get it over with (l/n)," he turned his head back around and sat up making his shoulder more assessable. I pushed the needle where I guessed a vein would be and pushed out the liquid when I felt the bloodstream.

Now that I think about it how did he know my name? I thought while pulling the syringe out and throw it in a container full of used ones. Not once did he flinch during the whole process like most patients. The doctor left after explaining what I needed to do since he had others to tend to. Red leader adjusted himself again and stretched his arm away from his body. "Well it seems the most concern is for your arm and left sided eye area," I stated while looking over the paper once more and checking the ones below it. "I figured cant you just replace my arm?" He groaned out when we made eye contact.

I blushed when his gray eye met my (e/c) ones. Nono he's a patient not to mention MY BOSS... in a way? He's also probably why older, I'm only 19! Ok uh- don't think too much into it... my thoughts were running and I seemed to freeze in time. "(L/n)? Are you alright?" He asked. I threw my back upright again and blushed harder. "YES! Of course!" I smiled in his direction with my eyes closed. "Oh I see. I didn't mean to act so cold. My arm just really hurts and I needed that medicine," he rolled his head to stare at the roof. "Oh no that's not it-," "than what is it?" Red stopped me. I stared back at him trying to come what with an excuse for my nervousness.

"I just feel bad for you and want to get to know you," I said without thinking. WHY?! That was awful! Who says that??? "Hmm. I guess that makes sense. ...in a way," I sighed in relief that he wasn't too weirded out by me. He seems relaxed around me. I've talked to him before today in the hallways and in short meetings. He's sweeter than people make him out to be. "Oh well maybe we should hang out when you get out of here," I calmed down a bit. He rolled his head back towards me again only this time with a smile. "That'd be great," he softly spoke.

—time skip—-

It'd been a month by now and Red was finally being released. His scars had begun to fade on his face and his arm was replaced with a robotic one. We'd also gotten to know each other better. His love for guns, horror and- other addictions-... but I don't judge. He knew about socks, my cat, before hand but he's now gotten to meet him. Another thing that happened was a surprise. He had asked if the day we hang out could become a date. To which I of course said yes to.

I was sitting in my room pettings socks and waiting for tord to arrive. Forgot to mention he trusted me enough to give me his name. I fidgeted with my red sleeves and loose gray jeans while socks purred next to me. "What he decides he doesn't want anything to do with me socks?" I laid back on the bed. "Oh what if thinks I'm only good as a nurse?!" I rolled over to look at the ball of room. The only thing he did was yawn and stretch out his paws.

I groaned and slammed my back into the bed covering my face with my hands. In the mist of my tantrum I heard a knock on my door. The panic set in and I throw myself on the floor and quickly opened the door. Tord stood there with a gray hoodie, a long black trench coat, and other winter attire. "You alright?" He asked when he saw my face. All my fears drained away by the sound of his voice in that moment. "Perfect," I said.

We walked down to the garage area as I kept up the pace beside him. He had us drive in a generic black car so we wouldn't stand out. Lucky the base we were staying at was a London base since he needed immediate care. So we went to London of all places we could've. The streets were full with a small amount of people and the snow on the ground was building up. I looked up at tord excitedly but he didn't look too excited.

Tord's POV-

I took a hold of (y/n) hand as gently as I could and than returned the smile. I've been waiting to take them out for awhile now and I finally get to. We walked by windows and occasionally went inside to look around. I couldn't let down how happy they looked walking through each store. It almost felt like a dream to have such a gentle and loving person by my side. This day just made my love for them stronger by the minute.

"Hey (y/n) look. Think you might find something for socks in there," I pointed at a small pet store covered with vintage decorations and framing. "Yes! They could a collar he could wear!" They responded gripping my hand a little harder in excitement. I guided them inside and walked towards the back where the collars were. "Keep in mind socks is a Norwegian Forest cat so he's larger than a regular cat," they reminded me. I nodded and scanned what might interest them.

When I turned my head the other way I immediately froze. Of all the times and places why here? I ducked below (y/n) even tho they were shorter than me and watched. (Y/n) looked down at me confused. Right next to them were people I didn't particularly want to see again and they just so happen to see me. "Tord? What are you doing here?" Asked the man in the green hoodie. I sighed knowing I've been caught and I couldn't run. "Because I asked him if he wanted to go out," (y/n) responded before me.

I stood back up and covered their mouth before they could say more. "Walking around and clearing my head," I said holding them against my chest trying not to be suspicious. "Yeah sure commie. Who's the (girl/boy/you)?" I turned and saw Tom standing behind me. "Uh- they're my-," "(girlfriend/boyfriend/partner)," (y/n) responded for me by moving my hand. They leaned back against my chest clearly in embarrassment by the short outburst.

"Seems a little forced if you ask me," Tom walked up Next to (y/n) which kinda pissed me off. "Do you need help?" Tom leaned down to them. "What?" They looked at him confused. "Is this guy making you be here?" Tom placed a hand on their shoulder while I glared at him. "No? I asked him to come with me," they looked at him. I pushed his hand off them and lifted them up. "Uh- maybe we should just leave? Tom let's go before Matt thinks we've abandoned him," edd said while Tom and I growled in each other's faces.

"Fine but I ever see your face again I'm gonna break it," he said before finally turning around and booking it out the door with Edd following. I slowly calmed my breathe when I felt something on my cheek then lift away. (Y/n) laughed realizing they were at the perfect height now to kiss my cheek. I blushed and then started laughing with them. Leaning into the crook of their neck as I set them back on the floor. "Want to get that collar for socks now love?" They blushed at the new nickname and nodded. I lifted my head back up and held them against my chest gently.

"How about that one," they pointed in the middle towards a red collar with a bow tie. I chuckled a little and grabbed it holding it in front of them. They felt the leather texture then slid their hand into mine. "I think it's good," they looked up at me. I smiled and kissed their forehead while they silently squealed. "Than come on love," I said while unwrapping my arm and leading them to the front.