Leader!Reader (part 1)

Y/n's POV-

I never wanted this. I tried my best to get out but what the last leader wanted has to be fulfilled. They stated I was to be the next ballista leader after they died, but I'm so greatly under qualified for this position. I've never filed paperwork, managed soldiers, or even met the other leaders. I'll never understand why I was chosen for this role and I can't help but try my absolute best to escape it.

My two seconds are always trailing behind me, making sure I'm not trying to sneak away from my job. It's nerve wracking to constantly be followed and told what to do.

"Boss, you have a meeting today with two other leaders," my thought stopped as I heard one of them speak. "What??!" I wasn't told that was part of my job description. "NO, surely we could have someone else do that?? I'd have no idea what to do," I stood from my desk chair and expresses my concern.

"No, you're the face of this army. You have to meet with our Ally's and talk through future plans" they spoke.

"But I don't any of the old leaders plans! Or even what our conflicts are! I shouldn't be standing behind this desk!" I yelled at them.

"Boss, I know this is stressful, but you're just going to have to trust them. They've expressed concern about your new leadership and would like to talk it over. That's all," my other second in command spoke.

I sighed, admitting defeat. "Fine, I'll just- try my best... when's this meeting??" I tried to calm down. "In about an hour or so-..." I froze in place by their answer.

"AN HOUR??!" I ran over to my cabinets and started ripping open folders and files. "Ya know boss, it's okay! It's just so you can get to know them and vice versa," one of them said.

I dropped to my knees, surrounded by random papers. "We're dead. This army is definitely going to fall apart," I covered my face with my hands, trying not to have a breakdown. "Maybe not. Just talk your way through the meeting and you'll be okay. That's what your predecessor did," the other chimed in.

"But I'm not my predecessor! I can't just talk my way through things!" My words muffled into my hands. "You and Nachtnebel were close though. You two surely talked about something?"

"No, we were close friends outside the army. I've never step foot here until a few months ago, when she invited me. But that was for us to hang out as friends. I'll never understand why I was put in this position." I sighed.

"Well, she clearly chose you for a reason. Nachtnebel could've chose a general or even one of us, but she didn't." They said. "That's what bothers me, she could've chose anyone, but she chose someone that wasn't even apart of the army. It just doesn't make sense," I dropped my hands and looked at the papers.

"Sorry, but we only have 30 minutes now," I groaned in frustration. "We better head down so we can there before them," my voice sounded defeated.

=Time skip=

We were only a few minutes in and I haven't even said a word. We sat in silence the whole time while my shoulders were tense and my legs were pressed together as I get them. My awkward smile was so apparent it was making the yet uncomfortable. The silence was cut when one of them spoke, "so- how's the ballista army doing with its new leader?" The Les Trois leader asked. Her purple uniform was perfect as she crossed her arms on the table. She was older, maybe in her late forties, someone I wouldn't want to mess with.

"Um-, uh- it's going great! Fantastic really! Hha..." I laughed awkwardly. My body light at how nervous I was. Like I said earlier, I'm not fit for this job. Both leaders just glanced at each other across the table. "So the army's fine I assume?" Red leader asked. He had his red sleeves from his hoodie rolled up and was resting his head in one hand, clearly annoyed. He was a lot younger, maybe early twenties.