Red Soldier!Reader (part 2)

It's been over a week since I talked to him and my nights shifts are long over. My fear of being here finally took over that night and being him made me realize how safe I felt with him. It was a first time I felt safe since I got there.

There was nothing that necessary made me uneasy but everyone in an army is scared, but I was alone that whole time. I wanted to spend more time with him but it seemed like he was avoiding me.

I haven't seen him anywhere and he never seemed to be at the training area for pilots like he said. I worried that maybe Tord had been sent somewhere on a mission or worse.

Now I stood in my usual quiet office where everything began. Files spread out in front of me on my desk. My hand gazing each file looking for the one Pat requested again.

"UUUUGH- I'll never find it like this!"

My mind was swirling and distracted me. No matter what I did him and his promise never left my mind. I wanted to see him again so badly.

"Hey did you find that file?" A soft voiced spooked me back to reality.

"Ah!- oh... no sorry," I fell back into my chair and rubbed my temples. Pat walked over and looked at every file I laid on the desk.

"Hm, none of these are gonna help. Maybe try looking in the A-E cabinet," he spoke again.

I looked up and watched him open the file cabinet and immediately find the file. I blushed embarrassed I didn't think of that and he was the one to find it.

"It's alright. It's common to lose files, especially in such a big room lined with filing cabinets," he smiled at me and handed me the file. "What is it?" I asked him as I grabbed it.

"Yellow army info, everything from maps to private emails," Pat responded. I opened the file and tried to scan everything inside, but I found it difficult. My mind wondered again while I looked past the yellow colored folder.

"Everything okay Y/n?" I shook my head and dropped the folder on the desk. "Of course. Just a Little out of it today," I told him. He leaned against the desk and crossed his arms. "You sure?" He pushed me.

I rubbed one of my temples while glancing at him above me. "Well- I mean- ...it's too difficult to explain," I said to him. He hummed in response.

"If somethings bothering you, I can help,"

"I guess, if you- let's say- met someone who you got along great with and then ended up spending the whole night together with but they supposedly might be avoiding you now. What would you do?"

He tapped his lips with his index finger as he thought for a second. "It might be them having some trouble adjusting or maybe something happened and they just wanna be alone," he told me. Neither were the answer I Was looking for, nor wanted.

I sighed standing up and handed him the closed file. "You could Just looking for them again or wait," he said again. "Yeah, I guess so," I responded.

He nodded and quickly left the room. I was left alone again to put all the other files away. Slowly putting them back in the cabinets while being distracted again.

'It's just him being busy right?'

'He wouldn't just start ignoring me after making a promise like that?'

I shook my head while shoving the last file away and closing the drawer. I left the room and walked down the hallway towards my living counters.

I stopped while looking outside the large windows that lined the front of the building. Planes were coming in our direction in hoards.