Enemy!Reader

Y/n's Pov-

War raged on for god knows how long. Gunfire, explosions, screams, it's all so normal now. If that goddamn Red Army didn't attack first we wouldn't be like this. They ignored our warnings as the Green Army.

I reloaded my gun and fired in first of me, not caring who I hit. I've been at this so long I wasn't sure who was on either side. I dropped behind a fallen over vehicle to reload again. My breathe was uneven and blood that was both my own and others poured down my body.

My gun jammed as I tried to pull the old magazine out. I mumbled under my breathe trying to push the side the gun only to hear a small click over and over. I groaned out loud as aggressively as I could wanting to scream this nightmare away. Nothing worked, this would rage on until every single one of us was dead.

A small clank of metal stopped my thoughts as I looked over. A makeshift bomb had landed a few yards from me. I didn't waste any time ducking on the other side of the car. A loud explosion went off silencing the world. My uniform ripped on a piece of metal but the worst was the car jerking forward in the blast, hitting my chest.

I wanted to scream but my body ultimately gave up. Numbness surrounded me as the world blurred, but not before I saw a pair of boots kneel down in front of me.

The world was dark, my body slowly began to burn. My eyes shot open as I screamed in agony. "YOU SON OF A BIT-!" I cut off by cold water being splashed on top of me. My hand tied I tried to throw my head back to breath again.

"What was that?" A thick accent rang in my ears. I gathered my breathing and threw my head forward again. "YOU BITCH!" More water was dropped on me, burning my scars. "You know it could be worse, but you're lucky it's just water," I could feel this guys smirk a mile away.

"What do you want-," my voice was filled with venom for this guy. "Oh, you know, the usual where's your leader and, what information do you know?" I looked at him in the dim room. He was sitting on a backwards chair with his arms crossed on the back, staring at me.

His uniform was fully decked out with metals and badges, ropes and fur. This guy clearly took pride in his position. "Nothing. I know nothing. But even if I did I'd never give it to a scum like you," I glared at him while water dropped off my face and hair.

"Oh, y/n, in due time you'll talk. Everyone does," his eyes gleamed as he spoke. My heart stopped when he said my name. "H- how do you know my name!?" I shouted at him, half in anger, half in fear. "I know all of Edd's closest relationships, and you, my dear friend, are one of his closest and most important ones," he poked my nose on the word important sending my head back in disgust. Took everything within me not to gag at his gesture.

"Now again, where is he?" Red leader spoke, this time with more force. "I told you I don't know!"i shouted at him. The soldiers holding my shoulders pushed me down so I was facing the floor. "It doesn't need to come to this y/n, just give the information I need," I shut my eyes and kept my mouth shut.

"Times running out y/n," I ignored him. I felt one the soldiers above me move slightly before feeling a burning sensation on the back of my neck. I screamed out again as tears flooded my eyes, dropping to the floor with the water. "Still nothing?" He spoke with such a sweet tone, it made me sick.

He waited a moment without saying anything, before humming. "Well, we have plenty more. That was only the beginning," venom practically dripped from his tongue. I breathed through my teeth, refusing to open my eyes no matter how much I cried. "No, I can take it, I won't be here for long," I managed to breath out. "Is that what you think?" He almost laughed.

"You truly believe your prince, who mind you barely got out with his life yesterday, is going to come save you? Please, you'll be lucky if you ever leave this cell. You're Never leaving,"

I dropped my head farther. I knew he was right. Edd needed to rebuild and gather a stronger rebellion. Why would he ever come back for one person? It makes no difference. "You know I'm right, so fess up," his words never changed.

"No," I simply said. "Really? Now you're trying to play the hero? We all know how this ends. I'll get that info eventually," he sounded bored now. "Regardless if anyones coming for me, my loyalty stands with Edd and our friends. If I have to force you to kill me to keep myself silent, so be it," I finally looked up at him. He looked bored too, he only followed me with his one good eye.

"Seriously, you're boring me now," he said sarcastically. I huffed at him in frustration, I mean really?? "I'm not talking," I stared him dead in the eye. He smirked again in response. "Alright fine. Let's try again, but with a different tactic," he said.

I felt the same soldier above me move and this time I braced my impact. A knife was placed over the fresh burn, amplifying the pain, before slicing the skin open. I wanted to scream but I just cried and bit my lip. "Come on y/n~ it's only going to get worse," he said almost in a mocking tone. I kept my mouth shut again.

It lasted hours before he finally left. I knew this wouldn't end if I didn't say anything but I have to stay strong, just for a little bit.

:Time Skip:

He was right, Edd never came. I've been stuck in this room for a week and only permitted to leave under strict supervision. My privacy and identity have been stripped from me entirely. My body was covered in sores, cuts, and burns to the point I could barely walk anymore. I've stopped talking completely a few days ago, almost like I've been awaiting death.

The worst of all though is the fact I'm not allowed to sleep. If I'm caught sleeping they force me awake and make sure I stay awake. I want to give up so badly but I wouldn't even know how.

My head hung over my knees as I hugged myself on the cold stone floor. My uniform was useless keeping me warm. Footsteps in the distance made me uncover my face. Keys rattled outside the door before it opened.

"Good morning y/n, Sleep well~?" His threats didn't matter anymore, I didn't respond either way. He waited for one though and hummed when he didn't get one. He shut the door again before continuing.

"I have a new proposition for you," he spoke seriously as he kneeled down in front of me. He lifted my face by my chin to make me look him in the eye. "If you want this to end, join me," he had no malice in his voice, or sarcasm. I squinted my eyes at him. "I know, I just think you'd be useful, that's all," he squinted his eye back at me.

"So- what will it be?" He smirked at me.

I don't have much a choice, it's either rot in this cell or live beside him. "My loyalty...?" I accidentally said aloud. "You're loyalty to Edd doesn't matter now, it's either you live with me or live in here," his voice was weirdly sweet. "Why...?" My voice became weaker with every letter. He almost froze at my question before speaking.

"Truth is y/n, I've liked you from the start. You seemed like such a strong soldier and you're loyalty to Edd kinda made me jealous. You're a good person y/n I can't let that slip away," his voice was soft. For the first time in a while I felt comforted, I felt safe. Maybe it was me being delirious from the lack of sleep or maybe it was his choice of words.

I gave in.

I had to.

I cried when I hugged him. I'd never broke down like this with someone before. His arms were like the softest cloud when he hugged back. "You can sleep now," his voice was so soft and comforting. I felt so violated by him but at the same time so comforted. My had been broken down and rebuilt over the week, but it didn't matter anymore. I fell asleep almost immediately in his arms and it'd be an understatement to say it felt like total bliss.

Tord's POV-

I'm sorry y/n. I'm sorry I didn't realize sooner. I knew your face was familiar. Their sobs slowly died out below me before feeling asleep. Guilt bubbled in stomach thinking about this last week. If I known I would've stopped myself, but of course Edd was so close to them.

I slowly picked them up off the cold floor and walked out with them, sleeping in my arms. Walking down the halls filled with soldiers was difficult but one glared stopped most of them from staring. I eventually came upon an empty room near mine.

I walked in and set them on the bed. I stared at them for a moment. How did I let this happen? Especially to someone I used to love so much. I sighed in frustration looking away.

I won't make the same mistake twice but I do have to complete my mission, no matter the cost.