Chapter 5 - Calm Before the Storm

Steve's POV

I walked into the museum and was immediately confronted with various ancient artifacts. Nope, I was definitely in the wrong section. I looked around a little bit more before I came across a section dedicated to World War 2.

Surely, out of any of the exhibitions, this would be the one that I could relate to most, right? I wandered around for a few more minutes before I came across a particular exhibition that caught my attention.

It was specifically dedicated to me and my achievements during the war. Underneath my name, it had my date of birth and date of death. I sighed a little at this, if only they knew I was very much still alive.

Given the fact that I had only been awake for a day, I figured no one knew of my reappearance which I was very grateful for. A little time away from the public eye would be a good thing as I tried to adjust to this strange world.

I read further into my biography. All of the facts written only bring back up painful memories and flashbacks. I could remember all of these events as if they were only yesterday, even if for everyone else it had been 70 years.

"Captain." A woman's voice came from behind me. At the sound, I was snapped out of my memories. I could see her reflection in the glass, she looked strangely familiar.

I turned around to get a better look at her, I knew where I had seen her before. Why couldn't they leave me ALONE?

Natasha's POV

I was heading into the museum when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I picked it up and realized that Fury had texted the details of a place that I was booked to stay in for the duration of the mission.

I replied with a quick thumbs up and then placed my phone back in my pocket as I resumed my search. I read the museum trajectory, he had to be in the World War 2 section, surely.

I walked around for a little before my eyes fell upon the very man I followed in here. He was looking at the Captain America exhibition and seemed lost in his own thoughts.

It was for sure him. I snuck up behind him, using my spy skills to aid my silent entrance.

"Captain." I addressed him causing him to jump a little and turn around. I looked at him with a smug smile on my face. I had found my guy.

Cap, however, didn't seem happy to see me at all. I kind of can't blame him but I continued anyway.

"It's a cool exhibition, a shame they messed up with the dates." I continued in my usual flirty tone.

"What are you doing here?" He asked forcefully. Yep, I was the last person he wanted to see.

"I came to help the man that is out of time. I need you to come with me please." I instructed turning back towards the exit of the museum.

"What makes you think that I am going to go with you." He replied causing me to whip back around to face him again.

"Because you are smart. Smart enough to know that you will be coming with me whether you like it or not. Don't make me force you." I said in a low voice which only made my sentence all the more dangerously daring. Steve was stubborn, but I am more so, there is nothing that will get in the way of me completing my mission. Especially when it was for the greater good.

He gulped before following me back out of the museum. Good, he is a smart one. I lead him out to my Corvette, getting into it, with him following my actions. We said nothing to each other on the way to the hotel where I would be staying.

The air was thick with tension, I could tell he was silently fuming. This will be a fun trip, I haven't met someone this stubborn in a while. In some ways it is refreshing.

I figured there was no point dragging him back to New York when he had no desire to. If I was going to get him to join the Avengers, it had to be his choice otherwise he would be useless to the initiative anyway.

I pulled up outside the motel and got out, walking around to get my luggage. He clearly didn't have any with him, so he is lucky that I grabbed a few things like clothes for him before I left. I carried my luggage inside the small reception.

The place looked small, quaint, and cozy, something I didn't overly enjoy but I figured it was best to put up with it for the Captain's sake. I am sure that massive, fancy rooms would be confronting and definitely not his style.

I quickly checked into the motel, getting the key for the room from the friendly receptionist before heading up the stairs to our room. He had followed me in silence all the way up the stairs, I could tell he was getting more furious by the second, but is smart enough not to make a scene in public.

I know though, that the second we get inside, he is going to blow his lid. Nothing the Black Widow can't handle though.

I opened the door to the motel room. It was a simple room with 2 double beds, a couch, bathroom, and closet. I was thankful for the 2 beds, it was as if Fury knew this was going to happen.

I walked over to the bedroom closest to the door and walked in, plonking my bags onto the mattress. I turned back around and saw that Cap had already settled himself down on the couch.

Sighing, I walked over to him, preparing myself for what was about to come.

"Why are you here?" He asked again. Boy, this is going to be a long conversation.