Chapter 45 - Plans

Natasha's POV

I flopped down on my bed, completely exhausted from the long plane journey back from a very enjoyable holiday with the team.

"You know, I haven't had that much fun in a very long time!" I sighed, as Steve flopped down next to me.

"Well you better get used to it, I plan to take you to the beach again for our honeymoon."

"Oh yeah? Where are we going?" I asked, turning my head to the side and looking at him properly.

"Not telling!" Steve replied, smirking as I rolled my eyes. Not very many people know this, but I really hate surprises. I guess that is a mixture of childhood trauma and just the fact that I always like to know what is coming and what to expect.

But as I stared into Steve's eyes, usually I can read him like an open book, but I couldn't find any clues. This looks like it is going to be fairly hard to get it out of him... lucky I am persistent.

"Speaking of our wedding, we haven't even remotely planned it yet..." I continued, my heart immediately filling with excitement as I imagined our big day. The day that I finally get to call Steve my husband.

"How about 2 months from now, in the Spring?" I nodded in response to this. Two months sounded reasonable, but I would be counting down every day until then.

"You know, Wanda has been bugging me all week about letting her help plan, she is probably just as excited, if not more so, then I am!" I told him, chuckling at my memories of her. She had turned out to be quite the powerful hero, each day that we trained her she got better and better. She had the kind of determination and strength that couldn't be taught, and it made her an even better candidate for the Avengers team.

"Well, I would hate to get in the middle of you two." Steve replied and I nudged him.

"But I will let her help plan it under one condition, we have the ceremony in a church." He reasoned and I nodded. I guess you can take the man out of the 1940s but you can't take the 1940s out of the man.

"Fine, but the reception is going to be on a grassy field somewhere beautiful."

"Done. Now you better go an speak to Wanda, I wouldn't be surprised if she is waiting outside our door right now, hoping that you will let her help." Steve was cut off by a short knock at the door.

"You knew she was coming didn't you!" I scolded as I got up off the bed to answer the door.

"Yeah, with heightened senses, I could hear her from a mile away." He called back as I opened the door for Wanda.

"So I can help?" She asked and I nodded, causing her to squeal.

"We have to get started right away!" She instructed, grabbing my hand and dragging down the hall. I could hear Steve's faint chuckles and I rolled my eyes as I watched him close my bedroom door whilst Wanda continued to drag me.

*Time Skip to the Next Day*

I felt like my head was going to split. Who knew there were so many things that you had to do to plan and prepare for a wedding. There was dresses, suits, venues, pastors, food, gazebos, jewellery, makeup artists, decorations, flowers, rings, invitations, photographers, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and the cake just to name a few of the things that needed to be organised!

It really didn't seem like there would be enough time to do everything! Luckily, I have a very tight knit family to help get the job done.

I had already talked to Steve during our vacation at Tony's private island and decided that Laura would be my Maid of Honour, with Pepper, and Wanda as my bridesmaids, Tony would be Steve's best man with Thor and Clint as groomsmen.

Us girls had decided that today we would go shopping for dresses and decorations but the boys had opted to go sailing instead of coming with us. At least they wouldn't complain all day at the shopping centre.

Steve's POV

We had been out on the water for about an hour now, and for the most part, it had been fun. I would much rather this than go shopping, no matter how much I love Nat.

Truth be told, I couldn't wait for our big day when I got to marry the most beautiful woman who is also the love of my life. But all of this planning was complicated and I was very grateful that Nat and the girls had decided to take over most of it.

But as we were out on the water, a storm blew in, and to make matters worse, the tide had gone out and the boat got stuck on a sand bank. We all had to climb overboard and shove it back into deeper water. We were all ankle deep in sand, muscles straining against the weight of the boat with rain pelting in our faces. But that was when Clint said something I will never forget.

He grinned broadly and with unmistakeable sincerity said, "Sure beats shopping!" And we all burst out laughing.

He wasn't wrong though.