Chapter 12 - Meet the Team

Tony's POV

Fury called us all to sit down and we all quickly did so. I had spent the last 10 minutes talking to all of the Avengers, they aren't bad. There is Clint who is funny, sarcastic, and just a generally nice guy. I think Bruce and I will get along well as he also has a science and technology background. Natasha or Natalie as I knew her for a while is the same as always, sarcastic, strong, reserved, flirty, and as fierce as ever.

Then there is the one and only Captain America. The person that my father spent decades obsessing about. The one person that was more important in his eyes than I was. I wish I could hate him, but he seems like a good person with strong morals. I'm not saying I like him, I don't think I ever will, but for this team to work I have to push my childhood jealousy aside and move on at least.

"Welcome to SHIELD and as I am sure you are aware, welcome to your new team." Fury greeted, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked over at him, waiting for him to explain why we were here today.

He had talked to me earlier about the living arrangements for the team and I had offered my tower here in New York, I figured it gets pretty lonely with just Pepper, Happy and I residing in it.

"I am Director Fury, leader of SHIELD and I am somewhat in charge of this team from a managerial perspective. As a team, you will be completing missions and will be there in the event of global threats. Now before I get into detail about the missions, Tony Stark has offered his tower here as a living quarter for the Avengers team which will be effective as of tomorrow." he said glancing at me. The rest of the team smiled at me gratefully as Fury said this. I smiled back, in truth I was excited about having the whole team living in my tower.

"Now that we have that out the way, your first mission will take place tomorrow afternoon, a simple one that I am sending you on. All details will be sent to you tomorrow once you get settled into your new living arrangements. I think that will be all for now, you have the rest of the day to pack and get ready to move into Tony's tower first thing tomorrow. You are dismissed." Fury said walking back out of the room.

Well, that was short. I had expected this to take at least an hour. I nodded to the rest of the team and left to start preparing the tower for guests. I had some plans of how I would set up the tower which I hoped the team would approve of. I would keep the top floors private for Pepper, Happy, and I, and put the Avengers in pairs per floor with a Common area in the middle.

The entertainment facilities would be below along with training areas and offices for everyone. My garage and labs would be below that again. I was proud of my plan and I had my robots and JARVIS working on it for the past week.

In that time I had set everyone's apartments up in a way I hoped they would like, I had researched all of them to find out what they would most likely want. I had contemplated different living arrangements such as dorms but we would be living together permanently, and so I thought an apartment arrangement would be best to avoid any fights and discomfort. That way everyone had their own space.

I had also planned out whom I wanted on each floor, originally I had put Clint and Steve on the same floor and Bruce and Nat below however after the way they were all acting around each other, I immediately realized that it wouldn't be the best arrangement.

It was very clear that Nat and Banner were awkward and opposites and Steve has set morals which was something that Clint didn't have so much. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but I knew it wouldn't work well.

Clint and Banner, on the other hand, I think they will balance each other out well. I know that Clint has a family through my research so it is unlikely that he will be there all of the time and I think Banner prefers a more private life by himself anyway.

And Steve and Natasha had clear chemistry, even if they didn't realize it. I could tell that they would get close and the inner shipper in me had immediately put them together. Regardless, after the research I did on both of them, I know they both have had difficult pasts and having someone close to each other would be a good thing.

Geez Tony, if Pepper saw you fretting and planning like this she would die laughing. Old me would never be this generous but I am a changed man, strange what a few months in the desert can do to a guy. Even still, I am never usually like this, however, I blame the excitement for the team which is why I am going to such lengths to ensure its success.

"JARVIS, can I have a building report?" I asked as I entered the tower's elevator.

"Of course sir. The common room is ready as are the offices. The training room will be fully functional in an hour and the apartments are getting their final touches currently." JARVIS informed me. I smiled at the news, the anticipation for tomorrow and everyone moving in was growing by the second.

"Oh and JARVIS, I switched the arrangement for the team. Clint and Bruce will share a floor and Steve and Natasha will share the one below." I informed waiting for a reply.

"Of course sir," JARVIS replied making me smile. Tomorrow was going to be amazing. I was going to make sure of it.