Chapter 62 - The Guide to Moving On

Wow! Writing this last chapter has been an emotional rollercoaster. I definitely didn't cry😜.

Nat's POV 

"Mummy, daddy, we home!" James shouted as he came tumbling into the loungeroom. Ever since he learned to walk a year ago, he has been running everywhere at 100 miles an hour. 

"Woah, slow down buster!" I teased as Sophie made her way into the room far more dignified than her brother. 

"How was it at the park with uncle Tony and baby Morgan?" Steve asked, also coming into the room. 

"Good!" They chorused 

"Guess what! Uncle Tony even brought us red fizzy drink! But he told us not to tell mummy- oh." His tiny eyes widened and Sophie clapped a hand over his mouth looking furious. 

"Did he really?" I asked, shooting a stern look between the now very guilty looking 2 year olds. James had always taken after his father in that sense, he couldn't tell a lie or keep a secret to save himself. 

"Please don't get mad at him." James whispered, looking downcast. 

"Well, lucky for your Uncle Tony, we are going out for dinner tonight and grandpa Fury is going to babysit you munchkins, so when you are hyper, Grandpa Fury can get mad at Uncle Tony instead." Steve soothed. 

"When is Fury ever not pissed at Tony." I muttered, mostly to Steve. 

"Language in front of the children!" Steve scolded. 

"What, like when you cursed the other week when you were in Sophie's room?" I retorted and he rolled his eyes. By now, the twins lost interest and went to find their toys. 

"That was different. I stepped on Legos" He countered. 

"Still bad language." 

Steve's POV *Time skip*

"Table for two please." I told the waiter and motioned us toward one of the private booths at the back. 

"I love it here." Nat muttered as we took our seats. 

"I know, you say it every time we come." I teased. Truth be told, ever since we started dating, we frequented here. It was a quirky restaurant downtown that sold the best steak in the whole of New York. Although, in the past two years since the twins were born, we haven't been able to come. In fact, tonight is the first time that we have been on a date since the twins were born. 

"I'll have red wine please." Nat told the waiter with a sigh. I looked at her quizzically. 

"What? It feels nice to be able to order alcohol again. I went 18 months without it ever since I got pregnant and it was torture!" She explained and I laughed. 

"Welcome to my life. Alcohol hasn't had any affect on me since the 1940s!" I laughed. 

"Yeah, but you also got super strength, speed, healing and everything else that comes with super serum so it was worth it. The only thing super about my pregnancy was that I felt like a super-sized whale." Nat countered. 

"Well, you were a very cute super-sized whale." I teased and Nat quirked an eyebrow. 

"What, was the swollen feet, unkept appearance and inability to tie my shoes appealing to you?" She asked incredulously. 

"Everything about you is appealing." 

"Where is that wine? I think I just threw up a little in my mouth!" Nat teased, smirking her trademark smirk. 

"Haha." I muttered sarcastically. "You really are the most amazing wife in the world though. I don't know what I would do without you." 

"Still be moping somewhere in Brooklyn, wishing for some angel to come along and make everything better?" Nat teasingly suggested. 

"Probably. But in all seriousness, you have been a life saver for me. You helped heal wounds that I refused to acknowledge to myself that I even had. You really have given me the guide to moving on." I admitted, leaning over the table to kiss her. 

"You know I love you." 

"Yeah, I think you may have mentioned it once or twice." Nat replied cheekily, leaning up to kiss me back fully. 

"I love you too, my amazing soldier."