Chapter 19 - Swimming

Nat's POV

I woke up bright and early the next morning and waltzed down to the kitchen for breakfast. The elevator door opened and the most delicious smell immediately invaded my nostrils. I walked further into the room and spotted Steve and Bruce in the kitchen deep in conversation.

Well, Steve was in the kitchen cooking and Bruce was standing on the other side talking to him with a coffee. As I neared closer to them I realized that the delicious smell was coming from the bacon and eggs that Steve was almost finished cooking.

Damn, who knew he could cook such delicious-smelling foods?

"Good morning fellas." I greeted them as I joined them.

"Morning!" They both chorused back and Steve turned back around to remove the now cooked bacon from the stove. I am glad he worked out how to use the stove without burning anything, I do not want a repeat of the other day!

"Have our two drunken teammates come down for breakfast yet?" I asked, smirking at my humor.

"No sign of them yet," Bruce replied, only causing my smile to grow wider.

"Well, I'll take care of that then." I retorted, grabbing two pans off of the bench and heading back towards the elevator earning giggles from the men in the kitchen.

"Nat, where are you going with those pans?" Steve called out to me as I waited for the elevator.

"You'll see," I replied, entering the elevator and pressing the correct button.

20 minutes later I re-emerged back in the common room extremely proud of myself. By now Steve had finished breakfast and an array of delectable food was laid out on the table. I smiled at them as I sat down and dished myself up a plate of food.

"They're awake and should be down soon," I announced as I dug into the delicious food.

"Yeah, we heard," Steve replied cheekily, his trademark grin glowing brightly.

"What do you mean?" I asked my eyebrows furrowing. No one had told them? What does he mean he heard?

"We could hear you waking them up, you were so loud." He answered causing me to smirk wickedly. I was proud of myself, they had both been very hungover when I came into their room shouting and banging saucepans I had several pillows and in Clint's case, knives, thrown at me as I entered their rooms.

They had both grumbled and complained about everything as they awoke, the whole thing was rather hilarious.

Right as I finished my meal both of the boys came stumbling into the room, groaning.

"Good morning boys!" I yelled out to them causing them to wince. As it was Tony was wearing sunglasses due to it being too bright.

"Shut up," Clint mumbled as he plonked into his chair and served himself some breakfast. I grinned, loving tormenting them both.

"How are you so chipper? You had more than both of us combined!" Tony complained causing me to smirk and briefly glance at Steve of whom I had confided in last night.

"Magic," I answered loudly getting up off of the table and stacking my plate in the dishwasher.

"You know what does sound like a good idea to help with a hangover?" Bruce started.

"Getting rid of Natasha for the day?" Tony retorted as he finished his meal. Steve and Bruce chuckled and Clint nodded along eagerly in agreeance.

"No, going for a swim!" Bruce finished. Steve was quick to agree with them and the hungover boys did as well shortly after, all eyes turned to me.

"Fine," I answered. I didn't like swimming that much however it seemed that I was greatly outvoted so I didn't have a choice.

"Awesome! Go get changed and meet at the pool in 20 minutes." Steve instructed, clearing away the rest of the plates.

"Ok, I'll be there in 30," Tony grumbled, standing up and heading towards the elevator, Bruce and Clint in tow. I giggled at his antics and helped Steve clean up.

*Time skip to everyone arriving at the pool*

As we all got to the pool we all started getting ready. The pool was in a magnificent location, it was on the other side of the roof, away from the runway but still had the lovely view of New York City. I was quick to claim one of the many poolside recliner chairs, right in the sun.

As soon as Steve got there he placed his towel down and dove into the water, shortly followed by Bruce. Clint and Tony also headed into the water, just more slowly.

I have no desire to go into the water at all and am perfectly happy here in the sun. Truth is, I am not the strongest at swimming because I have never really been taught. It always reminds me too much of the red room.

One of the training exercises was to throw the girls into deep water and if you didn't learn how to swim there and then, well you didn't make it. Takes throwing you into the deep end to a new level.

Ever since I have resented swimming and avoid it where ever I can. I shook it off and continued happily sun-baking in my swimmers and a light sundress over the top.

A while later, two sets of arms enveloped me and threw me into the water, clothes and all. I screamed before I entered the water in shock. The pool was extremely deep and I managed to get to the surface but I was having trouble staying afloat. The more I kicked around, the further my face sunk into the water.

I was about to embarrass myself in front of everyone, admit defeat and ask for help, but a pair of strong, muscular arms wrapped themselves around my middle and pulled me up out of the water fully.

I spun around and found the smile of an angel, no, don't think that. Anyway, it was Steve who had swum over and saved me from drowning.

"I am not the greatest swimmer." I sorrowfully admitted to him quietly.

"It's fine Nat, I understand." He replied, smiling gently at me and he guided me back to where I could touch, discreetly, as to not get any attention and mockery from the others which I was immensely grateful for.

I thanked him and he told me not to worry. I smiled and then turned around to send a death glare at Tony and Clint who pushed me in. They were too busy rolling around the floor laughing to realize any of what happened after they threw me in.

They glanced over at me though, sending a deadly glare at them and they immediately regretted their actions.

"Run Clint!" Tony shrieked and they both took off away from the pool.

I ran out of the water and had both of them in a chokehold before they could fully react. No one messes with the black widow, no one.

"Steve, Bruce, help us!" Clint choked out as loudly as he could. But they both just laughed.

"You're on your own!" Steve called out, laughing.

Once I decided they were successfully beaten and fully regretting their actions, I let them go and stomped off back to the elevator leaving Tony and Clint gasping for air. I hadn't even brought a towel with me because I had no intentions of actually going into the water, although apparently, they had other ideas. I was now soaked and in bad need of a shower.

Urgh, boys.