Chapter 49 - Christmas Miracle

Tony's POV 

"WAKE UP! GET UP! IT'S FREAKING CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled up the stairwell and I could hear shifting and muffled voices as the rest of the team woke up. I had been waiting for hours but Pepper kept telling me that I had to wait until sunrise until I could wake the rest of the team. 

Christmas was always my favourite time of year... who wouldn't love it? There is food, presents, songs, colourful decorations and more food. Actually, mostly food. If you don't gain at least 3 kilograms over Christmas, you clearly haven't lived. 

But it also meant that I could prank all the rest of the team and this year, I have everything ready. They have no idea what's about to hit them. 

The first down the stairs was Bruce and Thor, shortly followed by Nat and Steve with Clint taking a few more minutes to slowly make his way down the stairs. I did know that Clint's family was coming over later in the day along with some of the newest recruits, but I absolutely could not wait that long to give everyone their 'presents'. 

"Presents then breakfast!" I called giddily, already making my way over to the massive tree that took up the majority of the loungeroom.

I first grabbed the one I had wrapped for Clint, well actually, Pepper wrapped them but I got the actual present. He pulled open the wrapping and frowned at what was inside, holding it up for everyone to see. 

I had found the most pink, fluffy children's doll you have ever seen at the toy store and I thought that it would be absolutely perfect for Clint. 

"Aww, thanks shell head. This will be perfect for target practice." Clint sarcastically remarked, throwing it around to demonstrate which only made me smile more. 

Natasha was next and as she opened her box, the entire thing exploded like a party popper, throwing streamers everywhere. She jumped three feet in the air from beside Steve and pulled a knife out of god knows where, throwing it at me, barely missing the side of my face. Luckily, Clint had pulled a similar prank on her before and he nearly died, but I was ready for it and dodged the knife just in time. 

I knew that she must've liked her present a little bit because she only threw a warning shot, she would've easily gotten me square in the face with it if she had of wanted to. Either way, it was a constant reminder of just how dangerous our little red head truly was. 

"I'm scared to open mine now." Steve mumbled as he tore the wrapping off of his gift. 

"I hate you Tony." Is all he said as he pulled out the LifeAlert that I had gotten him. Nat burst out laughing next to him. 

"What? Being a nearly 100 and all, I thought I was doing you a favour." I quipped and he rolled his eyes, not even bothering to get into an argument with me. Bruce and Thor followed with their gifts, where I had gotten Thor a blonde wig in case his got 'lost' and Bruce an entire relaxing crystal collection. 

I had only had 1 knife and several middle fingers thrown at me, so I think I did really well with my gifts. We opened the rest of our presents, but the last one sitting under the tree was for one of our lovebirds. 

"Oi Steve! Catch!" I yelled as I threw it towards him and he caught it carefully in his hands. 

"Careful Tony, how do you know that it isn't breakable!" Nat cried as I threw it but I guess it is too late now. 

Steve tore off the wrapping and gasped at what was inside. He pulled out a diecast green car from like the 1930s and I raised my eyebrows. 

"You actually got it for me! Thank you so much Nat!" All of the rest of us watched on puzzled whilst they started a full on make out sesh in front of us. 

"Oh come on guys! It is WAY to early in the morning to have to see this!" Clint groaned, getting up to help Pepper serve breakfast. We all got up and joined, getting the whole Christmas mood into full swing. 

Steve's POV 

This is the best Christmas that I have had in a very long time, especially when I got to spend it with the whole team. Especially the love of my life who is now my wife who was currently sitting beside me as we watched the credits roll on the third Christmas movie of the night. 

The whole team had decided that we would have a family movie night, and it had been a blast. But I have to say it was getting late and I was starting to get sleepy, judging by the continually increasing weight on my shoulder, Nat was also getting the same way. 

"I think its time that we call it a night." I told the team, offering a hand to Nat to help her off of the couch. I placed my hand on the small of her back and guided her out of the theatre door and toward the elevator. 

"Today has been pretty amazing." Nat whispered as we got into the elevator. 

"Now do you understand what all of the fuss is about?" I teased, squeezing her shoulder lightly as she leaned into my side. 

"Sorta." A small smile spread across her face that she failed to hide from me.

"Clint's kids had an absolute ball today too. They just never seemed to run out of energy." I quipped and she laughed. 

"What you witnessed today Rogers, is the result of children eating endless sugar all day long. I definitely don't envy Clint and Laura having to put them to bed tonight." She replied as we made our way into our room and got ready for bed. 

"That'll be us one day." I whispered as I snuggled in beside her in bed, kissing her shoulder lightly. 

"Steve." She sighed and I knew that she was tiredly reminding me about the fact she can't have kids. 

"I know. I know. But it will happen one way or another, I just know it." I replied hopefully and she smiled softly. 

"It would take a miracle." She sighed, sounding defeated. 

"There is nothing wrong with hoping for a Christmas miracle."