Chapter 1 - Capsicle

Hello, author here!

This story will be my second fanfic. This one will start very much as per the films, however, stick with it because in the coming chapters it will divert and become its own story from there. To avoid confusion, all author's notes will be in bold. As always, constructive criticism is welcome, but please no hate!

Hope you enjoy it!

Steve's POV

I opened my eyes and was immediately blinded by the light. As my eyes adjusted, I realized that I was sitting in some kind of room. The room had the same style as everything else from this time, but for some reason, it was not familiar to me. I sat up with great difficulty, every muscle in my body feeling like it hadn't been used in a century.

My memories were the next thing to come flooding back into my mind. The plane. Hydra. Peggy. The date. I blinked a few times to clear my head, for the memories were enough to make my head spin.

What happened? I looked around the room for any kinds of clues but found none. The only other thing in this room was the radio that was playing in the corner. I slowly swung my legs over the side of the bed, letting out a small groan.

Had they found me? Where was I? Who had found me? Had I missed my date? How was everyone? Did we win? All of these questions were rolling around in my head and I had no answer for any of them.

Right when I was about to get up and look around the room properly, I was interrupted by the door opening. A woman stepped into the room wearing what appeared to be a business outfit. Good, someone that can finally answer my many questions.

"Good afternoon." she greeting kindly. But I had too many questions and not enough answers, so I decided to get to the point quickly.

"Where am I?" I asked, staring at her intently waiting for a reply.

"You are in a recovery room in New York City." She replied in a formal tone. I was about to ask more questions when something on the radio caught my attention.

It was currently broadcasting a great play from a game. I listened closely, realizing that I remembered that play, I was there! I looked back at the woman and decided to give her one last chance, to tell the truth.

"Where am I?" I asked, a little more forcefully this time. She started to get nervous, I could tell from her facial expressions.

"I am afraid I don't understand?" She replied. By now I had enough.

"The game, it is from May 1941, I know because I was there. Now I am going to ask you again, where am I?" I asked, standing up from the bed and walking over to her. She froze, something was wrong.

Seconds later the door burst open and two armed men dressed in black rushed into the room. That was my last straw, I may not know where I am, but I was going to find out. So, I punched the guards, causing them to fall into the wall creating a large hole. I looked through the hole and realized that the room was just a prop and that I was in some kind of building.

I did the only thing that I could think of, escape from wherever this is. I ran down corridors, turning and going down flights of stairs three at a time. I finally got to what looked like the entrance to the building.

By now people were coming from everywhere, trying to catch me, but I wasn't having it. I pushed multiple people out of the way and made a run for the glass doors. I pushed them open and kept running.

It wasn't until I had run onto a road that I realized I had no idea what was going on. But the noises and footsteps from behind me distracted me, and once again I took off into a sprint. I ran as far as I could before I was blocked off at all angles by black cars.

A dark-skinned man stepped out of one of the cars wearing an eyepatch. Everything about him looked important and I quickly gathered that he was some kind of leader around here.

I looked around was taken aback by the sight before me. There were cars everywhere moving at speeds I never thought possible, there were massive screens that had various colors displayed on them, most of which were moving and there were thousands of people rushing about, most looking at little metal things in their hands.

What on Earth? What is this place? It is like no other that I have ever even seen before. I looked back at the man that I guessed was the leader, hoping that he would have some answers. Honest ones this time. He came closer before addressing me directly.

"Look, I am sorry about that little show back there. We thought it best to break it to you slowly." He said. What on earth was he talking about? Could anyone around here give me a straight answer about what was going on?

"Break what?" I asked rather harshly as I was rather fed up with the whole thing.

"You have been asleep Cap, for almost 70 years." He said. No. It wasn't possible. 70 years!? Surely not. I looked around again and my breathing quickened. None of the scenery looked like anything from my time. The colors, thousands of cars, technology. All of it was different from the time that I crashed that plane.

But the revelation about what time it was wasn't what hurt the worst. It was then that I realized it, and it made my stomach drop.

"You going to be ok?" He asked.

Yeah, I just had a date." I said sorrowfully. Peggy Carter. The only woman that I truly loved. We were going to go on a date, the Saturday after I crashed that plane. It has been 70 years since then. I for sure missed my chance.

"Then let's get you back inside and bring you up to speed Captain." The man said as he guided me back across the street.

We went back into the same building that we came from, but this time we took an elevator. After an awkward 30-second elevator ride, we finally exited and walked along a narrow corridor until we reached a large office.

The man let me into the office before turning and closing the door behind us. I sat down on one of the chairs that lined one side of the large scrubbed pine table that stood proudly in the center of the room. The man walked around to the other side of the desk and sat down in the leather armchair. This was his office.

"So Cap, what do you want to know?"