Chapter 9 - Clint

Steve's POV

We were on a dirt road heading towards what looked like a small farm. This must be where he lives. A large farmhouse came into view and we pulled up next to it. It was a cute farm with various animals. It was nice and quiet out here, much unlike the cities that I had seen in the past two days.

"Do you want to come in or are you going to stay here?" Natasha asked as she got out of the car.

"I'll come in," I replied deciding that it would be nice to meet the guy properly anyway. Natasha knocked twice on the front door and the sound of thundering footsteps could be heard approaching the door.

The next thing I knew the door was thrown open and 2 little children stood in the doorway with huge smiles on their faces.

"Aunty Nat!" The smallest girl yelled as she launched herself at Natasha's middle. Wow. I was not expecting that, just how close are Natasha and Clint?

"Cooper, who is at the door?" A male voice called from somewhere inside the house. A moment later a short man was standing at the door behind the children.

"Oh hey Nat, come in." We both walked in and that is when he noticed me.

"And you must be Captain America. I am Clint." The man greeted, extending a hand for me to shake, which I did. He seemed nice.

A pregnant woman was the next to walk into the room, she must be Clint's wife. She seemed happy to see us too.

"Hello, you two!" She greeted us as she came over.

"Hello." I greeted smiling at her.

"Captain, this is my wife Laura and my two kids, Cooper and Lila." Clint introduced. The two children looked to be around 10 and 7 years old and they were both spitting images of their parents.

"Clint, can we have a word?" Nat spoke up from where she was standing with Lila in her arms. Clint nodded so Nat put Lila back down and we all walked to the next room, which turns out to be a dining room.

"What do you want to talk about Nat?" Clint asked as we all took a seat at the table.

"The Avengers initiative. Fury has sent me and Steve to recruit all of the people for it. He says that he needs everyone to come in for some urgent matter." Nat quickly relayed in a hushed voice.

"I spend a few days away from SHIELD and now I am getting called back again?" He asked, he didn't want to cut his holiday short.

"Yeah I know, but we have to go. Tony has been on board for a while, ever since I did that mission with him a year ago but we still need to get Bruce." Natasha said as she started getting off her chair.

"Do we know where he is?" Clint sighed, getting up as well.

"Yeah, New Delhi," Nat said before going and saying goodbye to the rest of Clint's family. Clint jogged upstairs, probably to go and get his things, leaving me alone to walk back to the main living area where the others were.

Nat hugged them all and then waved goodbye, ushering me out the door.

"Clint's family seems nice," I commented as we waited in the car for Clint.

"Yeah, I try and see the children as much as possible," Nat replied, I could tell that she cared about the family a lot.

"Yeah. So where are we off to next?" I asked as I saw Clint saying his last goodbyes to his family.

"We are not going anywhere. I will be going to New Delhi to recruit Bruce because I am not taking a man that has been asleep for 70 years halfway across the world on a sensitive mission." She replied forcefully. Well, there goes that idea.

"I will be taking you and Clint back to SHIELD headquarters in New York and then I will leave from there." She finished right as Clint opened the door to the car. Well, I guess I am going back to SHIELD then.

Nat's POV

We drove to the airport in Missouri again and I steered the car towards the same hanger that we had arrived in only a few hours ago. Once we had arrived all of us got out of the car and grabbed whatever belongings we had with us.

We entered the jet and I took the pilot's seat again. Usually, Clint would be in the pilot's seat and I in the co-pilot's, however, today we decided to switch it up, particularly because Clint didn't have much notice beforehand. So, Clint and Steve went and made themselves comfortable in the back.

*Time Skip to after the plane ride*

We had been driving for a few hours now, and SHIELD headquarters was just around the corner. It had been a pretty quiet trip, other than the few broken conversations between Clint and Steve as they got to know each other.

"Righto boys, this is the end of the road for you," I stated and they both started gathering their things as I pulled up out the front of the building.

"Oh and Cap, do me a favor and don't run away this time. It was plain luck that I found you as quick as I did last time, I don't feel like having to go save your ass again. Got it?" I asked cheekily, earning a confused look from Clint as he had no idea what was going on.

"I'll try," Steve replied, smirking at me. I smirked back and watched as they both got out of the car. Once they were safely out of the car, I drove off.

Now I just have to get the last one, but he happens to be halfway across the globe.