Chapter 14 - The Avengers Tower

Nat's POV

I took a deep breath as I stared up at the skyscraper that stood before me. The tower that I would now call home. It was just as extravagant as I thought it would be, there had to be at least 30 floors!

I pushed the door open using my back due to the boxes that were piled in my arms. I was immediately greeted by Happy and I smiled at him. We had known each other since my mission a year ago with Tony and we were friendly with each other.

"Miss Romanoff, your apartment is located on floor 24, room number 200, and here is your identification card that will let you into your room and many others during your stay here." He reported formally causing me to smirk at him, he always took his job very seriously.

"Good to see you too, Happy," I replied as I walked off to the elevator that stood grand in the center of the floor. The entrance was fairly plain, with marble flooring with only a reception desk sharing the vast space that made up the ground floor.

I pressed the button for the 24th floor. I was excited that we were up so high in the building, perhaps I could get a view of the New York skyline from my room. It would also mean that we were high enough in the building that we wouldn't be able to hear the bustling streets below.

I wondered where Clint was right now, probably settling into his apartment as he left a few minutes before I did. The elevator took quite a while to reach the correct floor, but eventually, it dinged to signal that I had arrived at my new floor.

It opened and revealed a white marble corridor. The whole corridor was bright and welcoming. I could see only two doors, that's odd, I was expecting all of us to be on the one floor. I wonder if I have a floormate and if so who?

I walked down the corridor and briskly found the correct room as the boxes were getting rather heavy in my arms. My door was halfway down the hallway and there was a door opposite that had 201 written clearly on the front. Maybe one of the other Avengers was sharing a floor with me. I fumbled with the key card I was given but ended up giving up, placing the boxes on the floor, and trying again properly.

Once it finally buzzed green, I opened the door and was shocked by what was inside. There was the main room which had a sitting area, TV, table, and kitchenette equipped with a stove, microwave, and sink. Then there was a room off to the side that had a huge bed, bathroom, and robe.

I plonked all of my belongings down on the counter and walked around the apartment to get a better look at it. I found a balcony that came out off my bedroom that overlooked New York City, which also had a table and chairs. There was also a big window in the main room that showed the view.

Wow, this was quite the place! Tony had outdone himself this time! I wondered how the other Avengers were doing and if their room was as cool as mine. I pushed that thought aside and decided that I should start unpacking my belongings.

This was going to be my home for a while, so I may as well make it feel like one. I placed my clothes in drawers, toiletries in the bathroom, kitchen supplies in the kitchenette, and my other belongings spread nicely throughout the apartment.

Once I was finished I glanced around the main area, proud of my work. Now that my belongings were in their places it truly did feel like home. I was interrupted from my thoughts by a sharp knock at the door.

I answered the door quickly and opened it to find an excited Clint bouncing in the doorway.

"Hey, Nat!" He greeted, whilst letting himself into my apartment.

"Woah, cool place!" He exclaimed as he had a look around properly.

"Yeah, I think so anyway!" I answered with a similar level of enthusiasm.

"Mine looks a lot like yours but it is on the floor below. I would have come up earlier to help you get settled, but it took me twenty minutes to track down Happy to get information as to which room you were in!" He informed, laughing at his stupidity.

I laughed along with him whilst plopping myself down on the couch and staring out at the view. I felt a weight beside me as Clint did the same thing next to me.

"The New York skyline never gets old!" Clint commented and I nodded in agreeance. It never does, and the fact that it is now my permanent view is just magical!

I heard the distinct sound of a phone ringing and I quickly realized that it was Clint's. He answered it and after a minute he mouthed to me that he had to get going. I nodded and waved, watching as he let himself out of the apartment.

I sighed and grabbed the controls for the television, flicking through the channels, aimlessly trying to find something to watch. I had decided that it would be best to wait a few hours before going to meet the rest of the team, to give everyone time to settle in.

I was distracted, however, by a series of yelps coming from somewhere outside my door. I jumped up and rushed out of my apartment trying to find out where they were coming from. There was only one place it could be, the only other door on this floor, the one adjacent to mine.

I tried the handle and was surprised when I found it was unlocked. I pushed the door open gasped at the sight in front of me. What on earth was going on?