Chapter 51 - Saving him

Disclaimer: I have never really been good at writing fight scenes, so I apologise in advance if it is bad!

Thanks!

Nat's POV

*Crack*

The smallest sound was made and I glanced over into the trees expecting to see some little curious animal, but all I saw was a bright glint of metal. 

I realised what it was a second too late, the damage had already been done. 

"STEVE!" I called as I watched my partner fall to the ground in front of my eyes. A small pink piece of fluff stuck out of his suit and as I ran over to him, I felt something sharp dig into my back. 

The last thing I remember was falling, then darkness.

*Time Skip*

As I awoke, I was immediately blinded by a bright light. I blinked rapidly, allowing my eyes to adjust. I was in some kind of office, and I very quickly realised that my arms and legs were chained to the chair. 

Rookies. 

Honestly, when are all of these people going to get it through their thick heads and realise that I am the fricking Black Widow! I was trained since age 4 to kill. A few chains are NEVER going to stop me. 

I stilled for a while though, to figure out a plan before I broke myself out of this pathetic little office. There wasn't much in the office, a simple desk, chair and a drawer in the corner. A wooden door was all that stood between me and whatever was outside. 

I was about to start working on the chains when the door opened and I sat up straight. A man that I didn't recognise handcuffed me, then undid the chains and dragged me out of the room and down the corridor. 

"Ah, she is finally awake." A voice boomed through the room I had been dragged into. I turned and saw the very last person I would've expected sitting in the desk, smiling like the cat that got the cream. 

"You know, I thought you would have been harder to catch then that. You've gotten soft Natasha." He continued and I glared at him fiercely. 

"Anyway, enough of the pleasantries, bring him in." He ordered and I turned to see a very beaten and bruised Steve being dragged into the room. What on earth had he done to my husband?

I could tell from a brief scan that his cheekbone, arm and at least 2 ribs were broken, he had stab wounds up his arms and legs as well as multiple bruises to his face, and neck. And that was just the injuries that I could see. 

He was barely conscious, but yet he visibly relaxed when he saw that I was relatively unharmed. 

"What do you want Bruce?" I seethed, ready to burst out of these handcuffs and break his neck on the spot. 

"I was hoping you would ask that my little Natasha. You see, he took everything from me, you were mine, all mine. But then he turned up and ruined everything. So I did the only thing I could do, make some arrangements and make sure that you would be mine again. My arrangements took a little longer than I hoped, getting your friend James here took time, time that that bastard married you in. But now my plan is complete. You are going to be mine Natasha. And Steve, well he will go where he belongs, 6 feet under ground!" Bruce jeered which only made my temper rise more. 

Bucky stood guard in the corner, his rifle trained on us which would make my escape plan a little more complicated. 

Bruce strode over to Steve and punched him in the face, leaving another bruise on his already colourful face. 

I had had enough. I snapped the handcuffs into two, quickly roundhouse kicking the guard that was with me. I heard gunfire start up and I knew that Bucky was aiming for me. I dodged and grabbed a small pole that was strewn in the corner, and started fighting back. It was two on one, Bruce and Bucky against me. Steve was still trying to get out of the chains that he was in, but his injuries were making it all the more harder for him to do so. 

Bruce started punching me in the gut as Bucky continued trying to shoot me. This was something that I used to my advantage, distracting Bruce as I knew it wouldn't be long before the hulk came out and I really would be in trouble. 

I started aiming for Bucky with the metal pole, hitting him in the arm and head as he ditched his gun and resorted to hand to hand combat. 

A few more blows to the head with the pole was enough to make him fall to the ground howling in pain. I wound up and hit him once more really hard and he fell unconscious. I turned to Bruce and saw the hulk come out before my eyes. 

DAMN!

I grabbed Bucky's rifle that lay abandoned on the floor and started firing, mostly just trying to keep him away from my severely injured partner. But alas, my plan didn't work and he grabbed Steve by the legs and started throwing him around like a ragdoll, his anger toward Steve far out weighing his anger toward me. 

I heard the loud whizz of an engine and I looked out the window, immediately sighing at what I saw. 

Veronica. 

Thank the heavens. She was what Bruce had designed to ensure that there would always be a way to conceal the hulk if he got out of control. My guess is that Bruce forgot about her when he planned this attack, because now we could use it to our advantage. 

Quickly, and without a hitch, a massive metal enclosure encased itself around hulk and I watched on with bated breath hoping that it would be enough to contain him. Luckily, Bruce and Tony had made some adjustments to the system after its failed debut when we were still fighting Ultron and so within 10 seconds, hulk's roars quietened down as the Hulkbuster worked its magic. 

Thank heavens for that! Now that he had been dealt with, I rushed over to my now unconscious husband and checked his pulse. 

Weak, but still there. I frantically glanced around the room trying to find anything that may be helpful to treat Steve. There wasn't much, so I tore the sleeve off of his uniform and used it as a bandage to stop some of the bleeding that was coming from his torso. 

I then used my widow bracelet to send an urgent SHIELD response team to our location, as well as the rest of the Avengers for support. I had already sent out some distress signals as soon as I woke up in that damn chair but I sent more just in case something had happened to my other messages. 

Then there was nothing to do but wait. I had no supplies on me, so there was nothing that I could do more for Steve until the medical team turned up, so I tied up Bucky and punched him in the head once more to ensure that he wouldn't wake up and start fighting me or run away unexpectedly, and then sat next to Steve, fretting. 

It was the longest 30 minutes of my life as I sat there and waited, watching my partner getting weaker and closer to dying by the second.