Chapter 13 - Moving out

Steve's POV

I woke up, my eyes opening and I blinked several times to clear my vision. I glanced at the clock and realized that I had woken up half an hour earlier than I usually do. That's strange, I wonder why, I mean what day is it?

I sat up quickly when I realized, today was moving day! All the Avengers were moving into Tony's tower together as a team. A little bubble of joy rose in my stomach, for the first time since I had awoken in this new world, I was excited about something!

There was something about living with people that had similar views and issues that was exciting and strangely comforting. Especially since I thought the team was pretty friendly yesterday.

I got up and quickly took a shower. This was going to be a great day and I was going to make sure that I wasn't late.

Once I had finished I gathered the small number of belongings that I had, for I had lost most of it when I went in the ice. I packed clothes, toiletries, and other essentials that SHIELD had provided into a small box. That was it, I was ready to go and start this new page of my life properly.

I sat on the small, uncomfortable bed that I had spent the last few days sleeping on. I wondered how the rest of the Avengers were going, I know that Bruce wouldn't have much to pack considering he had flown in from New Delhi yesterday, Tony wouldn't have to do anything because he already lived there, Clint wouldn't have a lot because he would be spending most of his time at his farm with his family and then there was Natasha.

I don't know much about her at all, and something tells me she likes it that way. I don't know where she is or what she is doing right now. For all I know, she could be on a mission. She was one of the people that I was most excited to move in.

There is a certain aura of mystery about her, and I would love to get to know her more and find out who she is.

I glanced at the time and realized that I had been sitting staring blankly at the wall for almost a whole hour. Tony had arranged for Clint, Bruce, and I to be escorted to the tower at exactly 10 o'clock, which happened to be in 10 minutes.

I stood up and gathered all of my things deciding that it would be better to be a little early than late. I walked out of the door and glanced at my temporary room for one last time. This was it, I am off to Tony Stark's.

Natasha's POV

I had been in a frazzle all morning. As per usual, I didn't sleep well and so I decided at 3 o'clock this morning that I would get up and start packing. After the announcement yesterday about Tony extending his tower for accommodation, I jumped at the chance. I had never been a huge fan of my apartment anyway.

I had been busily packing since the second I got home yesterday. Ever since I had escaped the Red Room I have always lived on the simple side, however, it is amazing how much stuff I have accumulated over the years.

I was almost completely packed now though. The only thing I had left was the bathroom but I hoped that it wouldn't take me too long. The rest of my belonging were sitting in boxes by the door ready to be packed into my car to make the short trip to Tony's tower.

I had worked with Tony before, just over a year ago in fact, and I couldn't quite be sure what to expect of his tower. You never really do with Tony. I do know one thing though, it will be extravagant.

I was pulled from my thoughts as I heard a knock on the door. I got up off of the bathroom tiles to go and answer it. I opened the door and was pleasantly surprised when I saw Clint standing there.

"Oh hey Nat, I came to give you a hand." He greeted letting himself in. I followed him down the corridor to where I had almost finished packing the bathroom supplies into a box.

"You could have just let yourself in." I quipped as I went back to packing.

"Perhaps, but where is the fun in that?" Clint replied, leaning on one of the boxes that I had stacked up.

"Oh and that reminds me, here is your key as I take it you won't be living in this apartment anymore," Clint said passing me back the key I had given him years ago so that he could come by whenever he wanted. Clint and I had always been like that, we tried to see each other and his kids as much as possible but they were mostly spontaneous visits and whenever we had time, so it was just easier if we had each other's keys.

I finished putting the last things into the box and stood up, sealing it with packing tape. All in all, I had about 8 or so boxes that contained everything I owned in them.

"All done. Could use some help to get the boxes to my car though." I announced, raising an eyebrow at Clint.

He nodded and grabbed the boxes closest to him, carrying them back through the apartment and out the door. I picked up some more boxes and followed him to my car where we stacked them all in neatly.

Between the two of us, it only took two trips down the stairs to empty my apartment and fill my car. I smiled gratefully at him as we carried the last of my belongings down.

"Thank you for your help, Clint. I am just going to lock up and return my keys and then I will be ready to go. You go and I'll meet you at the tower." I instructed, already walking back up to the apartment block.

"See you there!" He called before getting in his box-filled car and drove off. Well, with Clint's help, I was finished way before I thought we would be which was probably a good thing considering we were going on a mission this afternoon.

I locked up and placed an envelope with keys inside on the caretaker's desk before heading back out to my car. I got in and drove off towards Tony's tower. I still don't know why I agreed to move in with a bunch of boofy men, but here I am, driving there anyway.