Chapter 46 - Wedding Bells

WARNING: Fluff level - EXTREME ❤❤❤

Natasha's POV

"You look beautiful!" Laura reassured me as I smoothed out the front of my dress and stared into the mirror. 

"He is going to faint when he sees you, trust me." Wanda said as she made the finishing touches to my hair. There was a knock at the door and within seconds, Clint was standing in front of me with a big smile. 

"I am surprised. You actually don't clean up that bad." I greeted as he walked in wearing a tux. 

"You too." He retorted, rolling his eyes playfully. I did look pretty good if I do say so myself, the girls did a great job with my hair and makeup especially. 

"We are all ready and about to head to the alter, are you guys nearly done?" He continued and I nodded. 

"Yep, we just got to put her veil on and then we are done." Pepper replied and Clint nodded, exiting the room and closing the door softly behind him. 

Fury's POV

"You better not break your promise Steve. Or you'll see a side of me you wished you didn't." I warned and Steve swallowed. 

"I will not ever hurt Natasha, Fury." Steve promised and I smiled

"Good, now go and make Natasha the happiest woman alive." I said as I walked out of the grooms room. I strode down the hallway to the Bride's room as the rest of the boys headed to the altar. 

"Natasha, you look beautiful." I greeted as I walked into the room and admired the sight in front of me. The most notorious, dangerous, intelligent spy and assassin the world has ever seen has truly grown on me. 

So much, that I am walking her down the isle and handing her off to Steve, like she were my own daughter. 

"You ready?" I asked and she nodded, as they each grabbed their bouquet and left the room single file. 

The organ started playing and Clint's daughter and son made their way down the isle, followed by the bridesmaids and the Maid of Honour. Nat took a deep breath and clutched my arm, awaiting her turn to walk down the isle. 

"I am so proud of you." I reassured her as the music changed and everyone in the church stood. We started slowly walking down the isle and there were several audible gasps as we did so. 

"Take care of her Steve." I whispered as we reached the altar and I handed Natasha off. I actually felt my gut twist as I did so, as if I were handing off my own daughter that I had spent the most part of her life caring for. 

I know one thing is for sure, I am so proud of what both of my agents have grown to become. 

Steve's POV

I never thought the day would come when I would get to call Natasha mine, but yet here I am standing at the altar, watching her walk down the isle with Fury by her side. 

She looking stunning in every way possible and I felt every bit of tension fall away, like I knew that everything was going to be ok. 

"You are breath taking." I whispered as she stood in front of me. She blushed at this which only made my smile grow. 

From then on, the rest of the ceremony went off without a hitch, and before I knew it, I was swearing to Natasha that I would be with her for the rest of my life, through thick and thin. 

"I do." She replied, a small sob escaping from her lips. 

"I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The officiator said and Natasha launched into my arms, kissing me hard and passionately. 

"I love you." Natasha whispered as we separated slightly, gasping for air. 

"I love you too." I replied and we made our way back down the aisle holding hands whilst everyone clapped and cheered behind us. 

Everyone made their way to the venue of the reception, a large grassy field near a lake, a beautiful landscape, just like Nat had wanted. I don't think there is anything that would make this day any more perfect than it already is. 

Tony's POV

Today has been a beautiful day, and I am truly happy for both of my team mates. The part I most look forward to however, is embarrassing Steve with my best mans speech. Speaking of which, I think it is time that I make that speech. 

I clinked my spoon against my champagne flute and stood on top of my chair. 

"If I could have your attention please. Now, you've got no idea how much I've been looking forward to today. After all the time I've been friends with Steve, he has at long last admitted that I am in fact the best man. Loyal, caring, sincere, honest, a great man... but that's enough about me, I'm here to give a speech about Steve! Anyway, as you know, I'm Tony and its time for me to do a speech that I scribbled down an hour before the ceremony! But jokes aside, Nat is the most beautiful, and strong woman that I have ever met and she truly deserves the best. And Steve is pretty good too. But they both are going to do great things and we are all happy for them. To Natasha and Steve!" I finished, holding my glass up and calling for a toast. 

"To Natasha and Steve!" Everyone chorus and they all broke out into laughter.

Natasha's POV

"Care to dance?" Steve asked as he took my hand and guided me to the dance floor. Traditionally the father would dance with the bride first, but I don;t have one and Fury has already told me there is no way that I am going to get him on the dance floor with me. 

But, I don't care that much because I would much rather dance with my new husband anyway. Husband, gosh that is a word that I never thought I would hear myself say. 

In fact neither was the words engaged, married or even in love were words that I ever thought I would be able to describe myself as being. If someone had of told me 3 years ago when we pulled Steve out of the ice that I would fall head over heals in love with him I probably would have laughed in their face and then shot them. 

But yet, here I am, dancing with my husband for the first time, with a ring now proudly perched on my left hand. 

It felt far too good to be true. 

Steve's POV

As I twirled the most beautiful woman around the dance floor, it felt like my heart would burst with how much love I felt for Nat. Back in the 1940s, I thought that Peggy was it, the love of my life, my only chance at love. 

Yet here I am, swaying with the most gorgeous, smart, deadly, dare I say cute woman ever and she is the one that I can truly say is the love of my life. 

The only person that I can imagine myself growing old with, having a family with, spending the rest of my life by her side, and loving this woman more and more ever day. 

There is nothing that I wouldn't do for Natasha. 

Nothing.