Chapter 35 - Teasing

Nat's POV 

I groaned as I sat up, immediately realising that I was sitting on something. I looked down and saw a sleeping super soldier underneath me. I smiled at the sight of the blonde beauty, so peaceful in his sleep.

I shifted a little to make sure I didn't fall off his lap, but in the process, woke him up. He groaned as well, as he opened his eyes and smiled sleepily at me. 

"Good morning beautiful." Steve greeted, his voice still husky from no recent use. His arms also immediately wrapped around me tighter to make sure that I didn't fall. 

"Good morning handsome." I replied, a gleeful smile stretching onto my face. I stared intently into his bright blue eyes. My gaze dropped to his lips that looked so luscious and kissable. We both leaned forward, our noses almost touching. 

"Congratulations on your relationship, Ms Romanoff and Captain Rogers." JARVIS piped up, startling both of us and we both jumped back in surprise. 

"Should I inform the others of your change in status with one another?" He asked and my eyes widened. 

"Absolutely NOT, JARVIS! Were you listening in to our conversations!?" I shouted back, finally getting over the initial shock of his voice. 

"Ms Romano-" 

"JARVIS! You are supposed to respect our privacy, not invade it!" I scolded. 

"I am very sorry Ms Romanoff, it will not happen again." The AI responded. If it wasn't for the fact that I knew that JARVIS was simply a digital assistant, I would've sworn that I could hear excitement in his voice. 

"Way to ruin the moment JARVIS." Steve mumbled and I sighed, allowing my head to fall onto his shoulder. 

Steve pulled us up into standing position and then bid me goodbye, stating that he had to go and get ready for the day. 

I sighed as I watched the door softly close behind him. Inwardly I was a giddy wreck, the Black Widow just got asked by the captain America to be his girlfriend! There was a small part of me that knew I didn't deserve it, but I chose to ignore that for now, instead letting myself feel enjoyment and love for once in my life. 

I quickly got dressed and headed out of my apartment, deciding to dine with the rest of the Avengers this morning.

When I got there, everyone else was already there, munching on various cereals and toast. I gave them a brief smile and walked over to the kitchen, preparing myself some toast. 

"So Red, what's up with you and Cap? You are both late to breakfast again this morning. Has the power couple finally become a couple?" Tony jabbed as I sat down. I rolled my eyes in response, keeping my cool as to not gather any suspicion. 

The same couldn't be said about Steve though. Inwardly, I thought that seeing him a blushing mess about our relationship was cute, but realistically, it meant that the other team members would catch on to his awkwardness. 

"Captain Rogers, you are turning rather red. May I suggest you take a lie down?" JARVIS's robotic voice echoed through the room. I swear, if JARVIS was actually physically here, I would've thrown a knife at his throat by now. But unfortunately, he literally was the house so I couldn't even really destroy him. 

"Oooooooo Cap and Widow sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" The rest of the boys chorused which only angered me more.

"Rogers and I are NOT a couple thank you very much!" I retorted and stood up, storming out of the room, leaving the rest of my toast on the table, not feeling like eating anything anymore. 

I sat in my room and sulked for about 10 minutes before I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and saw Steve standing in the doorway, his arms laden with 2 plates of bacon and eggs. 

"Now, I can't refuse a man who brings me food, now, can I?" I smirked, letting him into my room. 

"I figured you left before you could eat much before, so I may as well bring you something." He said as we both sat down at the table to enjoy our meals. 

"I'm sorry about earlier Nat. It was my fault that the boys starting teasing you." He said sorrowfully as we both ate. 

"No Steve, it wasn't your fault. They are goofy boys, I wouldn't expect anything less. But that does remind me. JARVIS, turn off all cameras and microphones in my room until instructed otherwise. And for once, please leave us alone." I instructed the AI and there was a pause followed by a click, signalling that the cameras and mics were off. 

He has gotten in the way of far too much of our relationship already, and I really wasn't in the mood for another one of his unwanted comments. 

Steve raised an eyebrow at me as I gave JARVIS my instructions and I looked at him with a point look. 

"What, do you want JARVIS to interrupt us again?" I asked him incredulously as we finished our meal.

"Nope, definitely not." He responded as he cleared our plates. 

"You up for a movie?" He called as he stacked the plates up on the counter of the kitchenette. 

"Yeah, that sounds good. But if we are watching a movie, we are watching Twilight!" I responded and launched at the couch, quickly finding the movie. 

Steve chuckled and sat down beside me with a bowl of popcorn that I will never know where he managed to get it from. 

"What, did the spy not realise that I brought popcorn as well as brunch?" He asked me and I scoffed, feigning hurt.

I started the movie, resting my head on Steve's shoulder, snuggling into his side. He gladly wrapped himself around me as we got comfortable. I am so glad that we can do this now. I guess I never really knew how much I wanted this, how much I wanted him until now. 

As the credits rolled on the movie, Steve was the first to speak up. 

"Well that was the most toxic relationship I've ever seen." He commented, referring to the characters. 

"Yeah, but it gets better throughout the rest of the series." I responded and he looked at me closely, as if in disbelief. 

"There are more of these?" He asked incredulously and I nodded. He started drawing soft circles on my hip and I smiled, snuggling further into his chest. We stayed there for a few minutes in silence, just enjoying each others company, until Steve spoke up again. 

"You are right, JARVIS did interrupt something before. But if I may, I would like to pick up where we left off." He said, staring directly into my eyes. I rolled myself into his lap, facing him and cupping my hands on his cheeks. 

"You may." I said breathlessly as we both leaned in slowly, our faces mere centimetres from each other. He didn't come any closer, waiting for me to make the final move that would seal the deal. 

Finally, our lips met, moving in perfect sync. It was magical. The feeling of his soft lips on mine, his calloused hands running up the base of my skull gave me chills. 

Sure, we had kissed before, but it was rushed and Steve barely had time to react. But this one was so much different, so much better.

Better than any other kiss I have ever had even. We pulled apart eventually, our faces flushed and lips slightly swollen. 

"You are amazing Nat." Steve said, an uncontrollable smile to match my own. 

"You are too Steve." I said as I leaned again and we continued our make out session. It felt so different with Steve, so intimate, yet he was so gracious and caring. Not once did he ever stray from his innocence, even when he was presented with the chance. 

Something that I truly admire about him, something that sets him apart from everyone else. 

Something that makes him special.