Chapter 24 - Truth or Dare

Nat's POV

We headed back to the camp with yet another pile of sticks, but this time we decided that there were well and truly enough sticks and so started to make a tepee out of them.

Tony had stopped complaining, which was a good thing, I guess he realized that there was no point in complaining when the circumstance wasn't going to change. Not that it is a bad thing though.

Clint and Banner were also nearly finished setting up the tents and there were now 5 tents lined up along one side of the designated campfire area. On the other, there were some thick logs in an arch around the fire for us to sit on once we had all finished our jobs.

Steve lit a match and threw it into the pile of sticks, causing it all to catch alight. We smiled at each other and stood back to admire our work. It was now getting quite dark, and Clint and Bruce finished shortly after, all coming to join Tony on the logs.

Whilst everyone else was resting after an hour of setting up, Tony hadn't lifted a finger and was now full of energy.

"So what's for dinner?" He asked as we all finally got comfortable.

"Whatever you can make." I shot back tiredly earning a glare from Tony.

"So what is really for dinner?" Tony pressed and I gave him a tired glare. Steve must've decided to step in and he explained to Tony that we were having hotdogs for dinner and showed him where all of the ingredients and utensils were.

After half an hour, Steve and Tony, well mostly Steve, had cooked us all hotdogs that looked surprisingly good. And they tasted just as good.

We all sat in silence, just staring into the fire as we finished our meals.

"You know what we should do?" Tony piped up and we all looked at him waiting for him to continue.

"We should have toasted marshmallows and then play a game of some kind." He suggested and we all nodded in response, it wasn't a bad idea. I stood up to go and locate the marshmallows whilst the rest of them went to gather some good toasting sticks.

We gathered back at the fire again and Steve passed me one of the sticks that they have gathered. The marshmallows tasted amazing, even if Tony caught nearly every single one of his on fire.

I must say, seeing Tony wave an alight marshmallow around in the air aimlessly, and then accidentally hitting Clint with it was enough to have the whole group in a fit of laughter. All except for Clint, who was trying desperately to get the burning hot, sticky marshmallow off of his back.

We all settled down once the bag of marshmallows lay empty beside us.

"Who's up for a game?" Tony asked again and we all nodded eagerly.

"What game?" Bruce asked and we all thought hard about what the best game would be. I looked around to the others to see if they had any ideas when I saw a devilish smile spread onto Clint's face. Oh, this can't be good.

"Let's play Truth or Dare!" He exclaimed causing me to facepalm. How old are we again? I haven't played that game since we were in the Red Room when I was about ten. We all got several beatings when the master found out, but it was fun while it lasted.

"Sure." The rest of the team agreed, I was outnumbered. They all turned to me, waiting for my opinion on the matter.

"Fine," I mumbled and waited for Tony to start the game. He stood up and grabbed an empty beer bottle, whilst grabbing full ones to pass out to the rest of the team before we started. Now that we all had drinks and were settled, Tony started.